1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

about svt2 pro + svt 410hlf

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by terraplane, Jan 27, 2004.

1. terraplane

terraplane

Oct 14, 2002
    Italy, Palermo
    I've got an svt2 pro, and I play it through a 4x 10" very "modern" cab, and an ampeg 1x15" svt.
    I wanto to be a little light than I am, and I was thinking about an svt 410hlf. So, someone, and some technics, tell me that is an unappropriate cab for a so dynamical and powerfull head, and I need "BIG SPEAKER AND BIG CABS!". I know that an 8x10"+ a 2x15" is the best, but...what's your thinkin' of about that?
    Is 410hlf ampeg, capable to express the power and sound quality of an svt2 pro? Or is it a bad solution?
    thanks

2. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    I used to run my SVT CL (same power as the SVT2) into a 410 hlf and that worked very well. I never needed volume that the cab couldnt handle. I wouldnt say the 810+215 is the best but I would say its the biggest and heaviest! The 410 hlf is still big and heavy for a 410. If you are motivated enough to carry it around I would say its a great match.