Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

about svt2 pro + svt 410hlf

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by terraplane, Jan 27, 2004.

1. terraplane

terraplane

Oct 14, 2002
    Italy, Palermo
    I've got an svt2 pro, and I play it through a 4x 10" very "modern" cab, and an ampeg 1x15" svt.
    I wanto to be a little light than I am, and I was thinking about an svt 410hlf. So, someone, and some technics, tell me that is an unappropriate cab for a so dynamical and powerfull head, and I need "BIG SPEAKER AND BIG CABS!". I know that an 8x10"+ a 2x15" is the best, but...what's your thinkin' of about that?
    Is 410hlf ampeg, capable to express the power and sound quality of an svt2 pro? Or is it a bad solution?
    thanks

2. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    I used to run my SVT CL (same power as the SVT2) into a 410 hlf and that worked very well. I never needed volume that the cab couldnt handle. I wouldnt say the 810+215 is the best but I would say its the biggest and heaviest! The 410 hlf is still big and heavy for a 410. If you are motivated enough to carry it around I would say its a great match.