Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

About Tab Requests and something else In This Forum

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by cassanova, Dec 4, 2001.

1. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Please post all your tab requests in General Instruction from here on out, They arent about a bassist, and are more instructive in nature :rolleyes: (why i'll never know) but from here on out any tab request is going to be moved over to General Instruction.

Also if your post isnt about a particular bassplayer, please post it in the proper forum, If you have a question regarding a particular bass player or a comment regarding one please look over all the threads in this forum to see if his name has already been brought up, if it has please post your inquiry or comment there, theres no need to have 2 or 3 threads about the same person running, I promise you that you'll get an answer in the other thread. It may take a little time, but it will get answerd, ya just gotta be patient. So please just post your requests for them there to begin with. Me and Angus gotta move and delete enough "dribble" in here already, so be cool and help us out by doing us this tiny lil favor please.

thanks for your cooperation

Mama Cass

2. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Whoops! I've been sending tab requests that appear in the "Recordings" forum to "Miscellaneous."
    Maybe we moderators need to agree on which forum is the best venue for tab requests. "General" is OK by me. It is best, I think, if we are consistent.

3. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    this thread brings up another question i have...since we all here play bass...shouldn't each thread about someone here(eg FF, BA, JT. etc)... be placed in the "Bassists" forum in stead of OT???

bp13

4. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Under normal circumstances, Id say yes they should as we're all bassists, but there are a few exceptions to every rule. It all depends on the general topic pertaining to the bassist in question. If your enquiring about his/her tone, gear, recordings, or tabs, then Id say no, they should go In the other forums. Thats just mho and if the other mods disagree then I'll leave them here.

5. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Maybe it would help to have some standardized list of what should go where.

6. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Groove Guru, I agree that we need some guidelines. I've been a moderator a year and I am still not really sure about where some topics go...for example..."Miscellaneous" or "Off Topic."

7. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Jt once told me, send anything non music and bassist related over to off topic. If it deals with music in some way then it should go to miscellanious.

I also think that a good place for threads about what does so and so use to get his sound. would be better off in recordings/equipment, since it pertains more to that than it does the bassist himself, a bass, or amp. IMO it falls under the equipment catagory.. What do ya'll think?

8. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Oops, my bad. I have been sending tab requests in the Basses forum down to Misc. too.

9. is it feasable to have a topic room called "tab requests"??

sorry if this is regarded as a stupid idea but there you go!:D

10. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    No...please don't ask for them here. Why would we want a room for requesting useless junk? Learn to use your ear, its a far better tool.