about the 112...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fivestarharbor, Jun 7, 2002.

1. fivestarharbor

Jun 6, 2002
    I don't know where you got that a 1-12 can't be used for bass. MANY good amp companies, such as Aguilar, SWR, and Peavey, have 1-12 speakers. Ampeg has a BA-112 - 50 watt bass combo through a single 12" speaker. So blowing the speaker because it can't handle the lows is out of the question. A 12" can actually produce lows better than any 10" can - and almost every bass player plays through 10" speakers. However, I think you may be right about completely overloading the power section. You can't plug the PA head into that combo cuz it is both a pre- and power amp. The two plugs you were talking about, the power amp in and pre amp out, aren't designed to work with 2 sets of something (ie. if you plug the head into the pre-out, there are two pre amps and vice versa). The only way I can think of what might work is if your PA head has a power amp in and pre amp out. Then you could run a line from the pre-out of your PA head to the power amp in of your combo. This is still REALLY risky though, and I don't think that would even work, but you could give it a shot. I'd say your best bet is do what jokerjnky said and sell both the combo and the PA head and buy a real amp.
  2. fivestarharbor

Jun 6, 2002
    haha. whoops. i accidentally hit new thread when it should've been a reply. this was referring to the "Huge Problemo" post.
  3. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    Hit the book icon at the top right hand corner of your first post and take the delete option on the check box. This thread vanishes and nobody is the wiser. Blushes spared and you are cool again :)