1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

About the 3Leaf Audio's GR2 and external triggers

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by alfonso_bundis, May 30, 2012.

1. alfonso_bundis

alfonso_bundis

Nov 13, 2011
    So, I was checking the GR2 manual and according to it an external trigger can be used if the instrument is connected to the FX Return Jack. I'm kinda new in this pedal stuff and this is the first pedal i have with such an option. Anyhow, my questions are: what can be used as an external trigger? has anybody use the GR2 with an external trigger? any other examples of pedals that use it?

2. meursault42

meursault42

Jun 21, 2006
    I've heard of players taking a feed from the kick drum mic so that the filter triggers in sync with it....

3. dharmashawn

dharmashawn Owner, Handlebar Moustache In Memoriam

Oct 20, 2010
    Connecticut
    Jonathan Herrera with GR1:

4. alfonso_bundis

alfonso_bundis

Nov 13, 2011
    Thanks for the answers guys, I'll try to use a drum machine while I search for new ideas.

5. That's a cool video. Anyone know of a video that demonstrates it being used with a kick drum?

Also, how would you sync it with a kick drum?

6. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO Inactive

May 4, 2006
    Courtenay, BC, Canada
    The envelope opens(is triggered by) the signal from a mic'd kick drum. So the filter quacks are in sync with the kick because the kick is the trigger not yer bass.

7. How do you run this though? Do you split the signal from the mic or run it back to you from the board?