Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

About this forum...

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by paul, Jun 14, 2002.

1. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Welcome to the new TAB forum! Use this forum for all your TAB requests, questions, etc. Do NOT use it to post anti-tab material or slams, as this type of post will not be tolerated, and will be treated as a rule violation by the moderators.

Enjoy!

2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    first one!

:p

congrats

3. 2nd one :)

Heheh.. Ok.. Now just to second what Paul already said.. very low tollerance to flaming / bashing tablature related stuff.

It is allowed to criticise a certain tab ofcourse, if you feel the tab is incorrect. But please, don't go starting arguements like " yeah but tabz suck " and stuff like that.

If you don't like tablature, don't go to the tablature forum.. it is very easy :)

peace,

4. AltecJ

AltecJ

May 28, 2002
    I've thrice it...

5. well, we broke down and got a tab forum. a very good call- this should take a lot of weight off the GI mods!

im psyched!

lets make this forum as violence-free as possible folks!:D

6. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Amen to that.

7. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    but i wanna maim stuff! :mad: :(

8. Can we request sheet-music type stuff here too? Or just tabs?

9. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    You CAN. I don't have a problem with it if the other mods don't, but this is a "Tablature" forum. Whether or not someone that browses the "Tab" forum or not will be able to help you; that is a different matter. ;) You would probably be better off asking in GI.

10. ScJaxx

ScJaxx Guest

Mar 15, 2002
    VA
    ok ill be ninth post:D

good luck on the new forums, i might stop in here from time to time. mainly for the new Papa Roach CD.
    June 18th people:D

11. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    My two-cents: as far as I am concerned, there will be a zero-tolerance policy on tab-bashing and hijacking of tab-related threads (OT threads and posts belong in OT).

When requesting tabs, I'd appreciate it if you looked for your tabs here first. If your tab is not posted here, or the tab that is posted is incorrect, then post a request for it (or ask for a correction).

If you notice that a tab is incorrect, feel free to offer corrections and/or alternate tab. Try to do it nicely (creative criticism vs. just plain criticism).

You can ask for standard notation here, but as SuperDuck stated, you'll probably get more of a response in GI (I don't expect many "big names" in this room -- if you know what I mean).

Lastly, I would appreciate it if someone does get bashed for using/asking for tablature, that said individual not "fire back," but instead let the mods do their jobs.

:) Thank you for your support! :)

EDIT: This forum was put together so that people could ask for tabs that they are having trouble finding. They are supposed to be able to come in here and ask for said tab(s) without being criticized and critiqued for it by the self-proclaimed members of the Tabevil Clan. If you aren't interested in helping someone with their tab request, don't bother responding to their thread! Condemning someone for asking for tab (regardless of their reason for wanting said tab) will not be tolerated in here!

Also, it may be a good idea to post the name of the song that you are searching for in your thread title. I can almost GWARantee that simply asking for "tabs" isn't going to be very effective.

12. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    NO! Bad Tones! What have I told you about maiming...?!?! Hmm?

:Edit: 11th! ;)

13. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    but ... but ... but ... but .... :(

14. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Im sure there are other things you can beat to death ;) :D :p

15. 14! The number of the beast!

New forum, do we break out the cigars and champagne now?

16. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    YO MAMA! :D

17. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Yeah, but only for the new mods. The rest of you get candy cigars and sparkling white grape juice. ;)

18. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

And the fans go absolutely WILD!!!

[​IMG]

19. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Okay, I'm not saying this is every going to happen, and I'm not trying to be annoying, I just seriously want to know. Let's say someone posts:

"Say, does anyone have the tab {insert song here}? I've looked everywhere and can't find it."

Can I respond with:

"Hi {whomever}. I don't have tab for that song, but it's a pretty straight forward song. It's in G and the chords are G7 / C7 / D7 / G7. It just repeats the whole song. If you can't find the tabs, I encourage you to try to work it out by ear, as that may help you in the future if you're looking to learn a song and can't the find the tabs. Good luck."

So, is that okay? Seriously.

20. melvin

melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    That guy with the black hat and black shirt looks pretty creepy.

Tipper Gore voice:

Actual proof that today's popular music is warping our children's minds. As you can see this child has been so warped, Satan has found his way into this child.

TG voice off