1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

About those new multifx/amp/cab/sim

Discussion in 'Ask Justin Meldal-Johnsen' started by feliperigby, Jun 1, 2014.

1. I think you had used or have both Axe FX 2 and Kemper...

Do you recommend?
    Which one is "the best" in your opinion?
    And in those 2 cases, which power amp would you use? Or just directly to a PA?

:D

2. jmjbassplayer

jmjbassplayer Justin Meldal-Johnsen Gold Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Fractal. Hands down better tone to my ears. And here's the biggie. If it goes down, the reset time is waaaay shorter. That's huge in a show if you don't have a redundant backup. No power amp, just direct to PA. That's how it's being used in NIN currently, for instance.

3. It sure looked to me that Robin had at least two 4x12s on stage. Is that only for his own monitoring then? I guess that could make sense. I know I always dislike not having an amp behind me even if it is easier for FOH.

4. jmjbassplayer

Mar 25, 2005
    Correct. So for him, there's a power amp. For the other three dudes playing guitar or bass, no cabs.

5. And which one would be a good choice as power amp to use with an ampeg hlf 610?
    Matrix Amplification GT1600FX, GT1000FX (1u) or a QSC PDL 2.4?

6. jmjbassplayer

Mar 25, 2005
    Getting too techy for me, I have no idea what those amps are. Perhaps the Amps forum?