1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

about time they won a game in that stadium.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jonathan_matos5, Sep 28, 2009.

1. 21-7 for the boys in Arlington :bassist:

2. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    That team sucks. They've already lost a game this year, and by 2 points! Ridiculous! And to lose to a team that sucks so bad. Romo should be cut. The entire defense should be traded. They have no WRs, the owner is horrible, the coaching staff sucks. They're so horrible.

3. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Wow. I'm listening to the post-game right now on ESPN. Insane! Steve Young and Matt Millen are talking about how they feel like Dallas only won because they played a team not as good as the Giants. Dallas won 21-7, against a team desperate for a victory, and ran for over 200 yards. They did not win 45-0, and apparently that's not good enough.

There is nothing, nothing that Dallas can do for the critics. They will find a way to talk about how disappointing the team is.

Of course, everybody realizes this doesn't count as a "big game," right? "Big" versus "regular/small" games are decided afterwards. If its a win, it's not a big game. If it's a loss, it's a big game and Romo sucks. Dallas won, therefore this isn't a big game.

Sports "journalism" is laughable.

4. I'm no Cowboys fan, but I was listening to ESPN radio prior to the start of the game and they were commenting on the clothing Romo was wearign when he arrived and how it was indicative of how he might play tonight. Absolutely ridiculous.

But I look at this as the pendulum swing the other way. A couple years ago, sports journalism carried Romo's sack for him in a little red wagon where ever they went. Two extremes, both useless.

Mike

5. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Hey, they wanna be "America's Team", high expectations and lots of scrutiny go with that.;) Of course, I think it's silly that a team that hasn't won a playoff team in 13 years gets so much attention. They're getting to be the Notre Dame of the NFL.

I just wish they could build a stadium that isn't stupid at the top. First, they almost build a dome but have to leave a hole in it due to a bad design. Now, they put in a monster scoreboard in the new one (to match Jerry Jones' ego) that blocks the view of some seats, doesn't have all the important information that most NFL scoreboards carry, and could cause plays to be wiped out and done over. Jeez.

6. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    It was nice that they won, but...

1) I'm more interested in the Texans. They're a regular team, not "America's Team" with the jillion-dollar stadium.

2) I'm PISSED at Ol' Yellahteeth (Jerry Jones to you non-Texans). It should have been called Landry Stadium, or Landry Field, but that ugly little micromanaging jackass just can't let go of his hatred for Coach Landry. Well...WE revere the man, so give him some props after you treated him like total shik!

3) I hate Romo. I can't even stand to look at him. I don't care what he wears, or who he dates.

Cherie

7. The Panthers are shaping up to be an absolute horrible team. Sure a W is a W for Dallas, but don't get all carried away! Would you be jumping for joy if they beat the hapless Lions?? Carolina doesn't look too far off!

Now, I love riding Gard's ass as much as the next guy, but The Saints are looking like the real deal so far. Dallas, not so much. Just callin' it like I see it.

Then there's the Steelers. Man, they are looking like poo! :(

8. Good points..... What's wrong with Steve Young's analysis is he forgets that the Cows threw up all over themselves last week and still managed to almost win that game.

Carolina is a bad team. They may not win 4 games this year. But they were a desperate team last night. Desperate teams are dangerous teams and the Cows got a W out of it.

Big game/ small game? Hell, these guys will get zero credit until January. Make the playoffs, then win something........ Rightfully so, I think.

It is funny to listen to the guys here and elsewhere cry about the Cowboys place in the world. Sorry, pal. Sorry you have an owner/ mgmt that don't understand the cult of personality. Tex Schramm (and later Jones) know how to sell the product. I love how Jerry gets singled out...... Everybody plays to their strength, preaches to their choir, so to speak. The Rooney family, Bob Kraft, The Mara's, these people know their markets and sell the product to their people. Tex and Jerry just figured out how to sell people outside their market.

9. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    The only thing close to crying I see is in post #3. My comment regarding attention has to do with sports journalists following the marketing--which is exactly what they're not supposed to do. As for Jones (an NFL owner gets plastic surgery, really?), he gets singled out because he's a giant douche. But as far as the Cowboys having casual fans from elsewhere who like them because of the cheerleaders or the big star or something :D, I don't lose any sleep over it--any more than I have over Miley Cyrus' album sales.

10. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I think Greg, it's less of crying that I want people to respect and laud the Cowboys. Truth be told, I'm fine with the Cowboys going unnoticed. What's funny to me is sports journalism, if one could call it that. The objective sports reporting is certainly not objective in any sense, and the editorial content is sensationalistic.

I guess I miss Dr. Z, is what I'm saying. Easterbrook still seems to do a good enough job.