1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

About to get a 3rd... no a 4th bass amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by coyote1, Feb 10, 2013.

1. coyote1

coyote1

Mar 23, 2012
    I have a Crate BX100. No longer cuts it for bass in our context, but it sounds terrific handling the low-rotor simulation from a Motion Sound Pro3T. Works great with the Hammond console.

I replaced it with a Hartke HA2000, which feeds Peavey and Ashdown cabinets. The bassist in my band has added a GK 800rb and Hartke aluminum 4x10 to that.

Problem is the VA synth no longer has an amp. It used to run thru the same Marshall Major & 4x12 that handled the Hammond, but that amp needs about $500 in repairs. So I've been on the lookout....

A SWR 4004 is coming my way next weekend. I played a VA synth thru it today, and it sounds phenomenal. It'll drive the Marshall 4x12, and be a great backup if any of the other bass amps fail.

2. Edword

Edword

Jun 23, 2005
    Detroitish
    How about a pic or two of the whole setup?

3. coyote1

coyote1

Mar 23, 2012
    When the new amp arrives, perhaps

4. coyote1

coyote1

Mar 23, 2012
    It arrived today. Plugged it into the Marshall 4x12, plugged the Jp8000 into it.....

All I can say is it's perfect. Loud as heck, great tone across the range, utter clarity while providing real ballsiness.

Will take pics this weekend.