About to sell my soul....(I hope)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by silvermaneZ, Jan 9, 2002.

1. silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Some of you may remember back in November when I was seriously debating whether to spend a chunk of money I had come into on my credit cards or a bada** Warrior bass. Well, at the time, I made the mature (I guess) decision, and put all the money towards the cards. Well, three months later, the gas for that bass is still KILLING ME!!!!!! This hurts!!!!

So, I made a deal with the devil....

I have my upright that I played in college as a music major, and have not touched in the last two years. I talked to the bass professor at the University where I work, (who just happens to have been a TA at the University of North Texas when I was a student there - small world), and he is going to help me sell the upright, bow, bag, and pickup I have. SO..... If I can sell the upright for what I want, then I will turn around and buy the Warrior. If I can't sell the upright, then no Warrior.

*Mods, this may go better in Misc. Move at your discretion.:) *
  2. How much are you selling it for? I live south of Atlanta and im looking for a upright bass. But I'm 14 and very poor. $700 for the bass?
  3. Selling one bass to buy another is almost anti-GAS :D

The idea is to own MANY BASS many many yeah all the basses get em all 4 string 5-6-9 spalted , burl, wenge, Gotah, Bartolini, many bass any bass hahahahahahaah.....uh sorry what was i saying?
  4. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Not that I've seen the bass...but you'd be lucky to find a double bass for $700. Really, really lucky. And in need of some duct tape.
  5. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i really hope i never get the urge to sell my upright. it's too special and too good sounding (even if it is techinically nothing special) to give up. but i rarely play it....

if you haven't touched it in two years though...i guess it's ok, but a good upright is always something nice to have around.

6. silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Lobster_boy - sorry, but this one is appraised in the multi-thousands of dollars range, and I am hoping to get close to the appraisal value for it since I am selling a bag, bow and Fishman pickup as a package deal.

Warwick5S - I agree that having an upright around is nice, but I honestly have not touched the thing in two years, and if I was ever going to play classical music full time again, it would be in a string quartet, and I would be playing cello, so the upright goes.

Angus - You can find uprights for around $700. However, they are made of plywood, and sound like Bo Diddley's first guitar. But for a 14 year old beginner, what more do you need?

BTW, I guess I will post the link to the bass again to see if it causes anyone else the kind of GAS pains it is giving me.

7. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    What are you going to sell when it comes time to buy new strings for it??:D

That is a pretty sweet looking bass. Nothing I would ever want, but it is verry nice.