Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

about to spend some money...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by chris h, Dec 15, 2002.

1. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    I need an overdrive/distortion pedal to give me the old style primus overdrive, phat and beasty, but I want the highs to sound not too 'Fuzzy', so the od sound sounds good when used in conjunction with slap bass. some ones I am looking at enclude:

Big muff: Downloaded some clips, sounds a bit too fuzzy?

Sansamp bass di: looks a good contender

EHX hot tubes: anyone tried one?

can Anyone help me?!

An important aspect for me is the clarity and not being over the top-ness (!)

Thanks an advance...

2. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    I'm repeating myself, but check out the EBS MultiDrive too if you can. It "overdrivey" not fuzzy.

As is the Fulltone Bass Driver (?correct name?)

3. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    just checked out the ebs... sounds excellent, i aggree. for some reason i thought they cost a lot more than they actually do. so it has a 3 mode switch, and whats the other swich on it? i think theres one on the side and one on the face? i could be wrong:)

cheers

4. FretNoMore

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    If I remember correctly there is a small switch on the side of teh EBS to select the gain for active or passive basses.

5. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    thanks. so u think its a good pedal for playing slap, too? some i have tried tend to be so fuzzy that you cant feel the bottom smack of the slap, if you know what i mean.

6. FretNoMore

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Afraid I'm no good at slapping, so hopefully someone else can answer that.