ABQ GuitarWorks - Albuquerque, NM

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by neptoon, Jan 11, 2015.

1. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    Palm Bay, FL
    I got a bee basses hornet last Halloween and I decided to tune to B standard, so after I put on the strings, the guides that were cut into the end of the fingerboard were a little shallow - Fred uses a zero fret and an elongated fretboard with string guides cut into the wood - so I needed the grooves cut a little deeper...I don't have a set of nut files and I really didn't trust myself to do the work, so I brought it into the guys at ABQ Guitarworks...they're a small outfit and they specialize in repairs and they also do their own ground-up builds - they've also got a partner that repairs tube amps and some solid state amps...I've dealt with other luthiers, and I've usually been without an instrument for a few days at best...with these folks, I was without a bass for the time it took to take the family to shop around at the local mall and I was able to pick it up on the way home...they did clean work, too...I was pleasantly surprised...if there are any other folks from Albuquerque, chime in if you've had a similar experience...

2. 7dollarbologna

7dollarbologna Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2014
    Downtown Albuquerque
    Desert Eccentric
    I'm switching to somebody new, I've heard of these guys- I guess I'll check 'em out, thanks!

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 26, 2021