1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Abramis Brama - Amp setup?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by 6810, Sep 20, 2008.

1. 6810

Jan 11, 2008
    So I got around to listening a CD of theirs I bought on a whim a while back. This is after having an extensive lash on an old Marshall Superbass (which I'll be getting for a very fair price from the local mom & pop)...

ABRAMIS BRAMA - NOTHING CHANGES

[​IMG]

This album is truly wonderful 70s stoner rock. The bass is overdriven for most of the album, kind of like on Down's last two releases but never disappears under the weight of the guitars. It always has it's own distinctive voice.

In other words, it's a more like a uniquely voiced guitar than a bass, think Lemmy...

I was wondering if any one knows about Dennis Berg's (bassist) setup? He has such a unique/groovy sound.

BTW, I have no connection with the band, and don't speak Swedish either (which is a bummer, cos their English site is not working!) I just think they rule the universe. Well, mine at least!

ANy help with the setup would be great!

Check em out here:

http://www.myspace.com/abramisbrama

A review from Allthatsheavy:

"These songs are from their previous two full-length releases, Dansa Tokjavelns Vals and Nar Tystnaden Lagt Sig. They are re-recorded and the lyrics have been rewritten, NOT RECYCLED!!! This gives a fresh and original perspective to the songs. Abramis Brama plays a straight-ahead stoner groove that is head and shoulders above the rest in their field. They can boil your blood one minute, and make you sway to the groooooove the next. Ulf Torkelsson's vocals sound like a raspy Chris Cornell and complement Dennis Berg's hellacious (delicious) bass lines into something that is a must to everyone who is a fan of riff-rock. The band also features groove-master Per-Olof Andersson (Peo) on the guitar and Fredrik Jansson on the drums who can go from an all-out smashing session to a jazz-oriented beat in the blink of an eye. If you haven't heard these masters of Swedish-stoner, get your head out of your ass and GET THEIR STUFF!!! You won't be sorry."
    The Manic Mechanic