1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Absolute Vengeance - new video and recording - comments, flames / praise welcome!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by BrianVengeance, Aug 14, 2012.

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USwtD3eSiHU

This is basically what happens when my band gets together over a weekend with a few beers, a friend with a video camera and a a couple of "bright" ideas. :bassist:

We had an absolute blast shooting this video, so I hope you guys are at least half as entertained as we were when making it... even if metal isn't your schtick!

Enjoy!

A couple of notes:
    - audio was recorded at Assembly Line Studios (http://assemblylinestudios.com/) by Kevin131
    - bass recorded was MIA Fender Jazz, stock pups
    - D'Addario Light Chrome flats, played with fingers
    - cab was PR410HLF with Sennheiser MD421, I believe an EV RE20 and a SM57, but only the 421 and 57 made the cut IIRC
    - amp was SVT4PRO, SansAmp RBI, split out with a Radial JDV and a Boss overdrive (OD-3 IIRC)

2. Not a metalphile, but I'll admit I couldn't take my eyes off it. Not a bad weekend's work.

3. Lol, thanks for the look!

4. nazroth

nazroth

Apr 11, 2005
    tulsa oklahoma
    354 stage light& sound
    drumming G.W and corpes paint epic

5. Thanks for the look! The paint was annoying (and not our thing at all), but it was well worth it for the video. :hyper:

6. P-oddz

P-oddz Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    HAHA! That was pretty epic, man! It looks like you guys had a blast, kudos to you! The production looks incredible, and the song was great!
    Was the name of your Corpse paint band "Tampon"? Brilliant.

7. Thought I saw Chumlee from Pawn Stars in there! LOL Cool video and you guys ROCK!!! :bassist:

8. I AM a metalphile and I think you guys did a great job! Music was great - nice chops, good production and the video was well done! Right on man!

9. goldenglory18

goldenglory18 Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Amateur. Take my advice for its resale value.
    Great work dude. I'm more of a punk/pop guy, but I can appreciate good riffs and melodies when I hear them, and there they were.

You guys have more material available? Let me know, I'm interested....

10. Haha... tons of fun. Thanks for the look! We had an absolute blast and it means even more that you dug the tune! And yes... you read the banner correctly. :D

11. Lol... I'll have to pass that along to "the executioner"! He's a great guy, will definitely get a kick out of that!

12. Thanks so much for the kind words!

13. Appreciate the look and thanks for the kind words. Used to be a lot more into punk myself (always loved Matt Freeman and Fat Mike's chops) but moved over to metal after a band or two fell apart. Still break out Swingin' Utters every now and then, though!

<warning: promotional mumbo jumbo>
    We have our older release on iTunes Currently working on a rolling release of the new songs, so Facebook is probably going to be the best spot for new stuff. We're also on Reverb Nation and some of the other usual suspects, but FB will probably be the most up to date.

If you want to PM me with some contact information (or drop us a line on FB and mention this TalkBass thread) we'll see about getting some schwag out to you!
    </warning>

14. garmenteros

garmenteros Bass Enthusiast Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2008
    Dominican Republic
    If you guys put out an album send me a link I'll probably buy it. liked it.