Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Absolutely new Conklin GT7/$815 shipped

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by M_Mcdonnell, Jan 27, 2003.

1. M_Mcdonnell

M_Mcdonnell

Jan 27, 2003
    Austin, TX
    I am selling a Conklin GT7. The Conklin website indicates that the color is "wine." This bass has been in my hands for 2 and a half weeks and was purchased new. The neck is a 7 piece laminate of wenge/purpleheart with a purpleheart fingerboard. _It is wide!!!_
    The body is made of swamp ash with a figured maple top. As far as electronics go, the bass has Bartolini pickups and a 2-band eq. 34" scale with 24 frets.

$715 shipped to the continental U.S.

No pics as of yet, but I will have them to post tonight or tommorrow.

2. M_Mcdonnell

M_Mcdonnell

Jan 27, 2003
    Austin, TX
    I bring you pictures of the bass, although I have some bad news. The bass has been hanging on a wall hanger of mine and it seems to have scuffed the area where the headstock meets the neck. These marks are only cosmetic. Also, I broke the lowest gauge (.015?) string tonight while goofing with it. _Stupid!!!_

Anyways, because of this I am knocking the price down $100 to $715 shipped.

3. M_Mcdonnell

M_Mcdonnell

Jan 27, 2003
    Austin, TX
    last one....the marks.

4. M_Mcdonnell

M_Mcdonnell

Jan 27, 2003
    Austin, TX
    I am now selling my bass on ebay. If you are interested please check it out <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2511991072&category=4713">here</a>