1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Absolutely new Conklin GT7/$815 shipped

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by M_Mcdonnell, Jan 27, 2003.

1. M_Mcdonnell

M_Mcdonnell

Jan 27, 2003
    Austin, TX
    I am selling a Conklin GT7. The Conklin website indicates that the color is "wine." This bass has been in my hands for 2 and a half weeks and was purchased new. The neck is a 7 piece laminate of wenge/purpleheart with a purpleheart fingerboard. _It is wide!!!_
    The body is made of swamp ash with a figured maple top. As far as electronics go, the bass has Bartolini pickups and a 2-band eq. 34" scale with 24 frets.

$715 shipped to the continental U.S.

No pics as of yet, but I will have them to post tonight or tommorrow.

2. M_Mcdonnell

M_Mcdonnell

Jan 27, 2003
    Austin, TX
    I bring you pictures of the bass, although I have some bad news. The bass has been hanging on a wall hanger of mine and it seems to have scuffed the area where the headstock meets the neck. These marks are only cosmetic. Also, I broke the lowest gauge (.015?) string tonight while goofing with it. _Stupid!!!_

Anyways, because of this I am knocking the price down $100 to $715 shipped.

3. M_Mcdonnell

M_Mcdonnell

Jan 27, 2003
    Austin, TX
    another

4. M_Mcdonnell

M_Mcdonnell

Jan 27, 2003
    Austin, TX
    and another

5. M_Mcdonnell

M_Mcdonnell

Jan 27, 2003
    Austin, TX
    and......another

6. M_Mcdonnell

M_Mcdonnell

Jan 27, 2003
    Austin, TX
    last one....the marks.

7. M_Mcdonnell

M_Mcdonnell

Jan 27, 2003
    Austin, TX
    bump

8. M_Mcdonnell

M_Mcdonnell

Jan 27, 2003
    Austin, TX
    I am now selling my bass on ebay. If you are interested please check it out <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2511991072&category=4713">here</a>

9. You consider any trades?