Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ac adapter confusion

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by navEtheChimp, Jan 28, 2002.

1. navEtheChimp

navEtheChimp

Jan 28, 2002
    I have recently purchased a 1.67A 9V AC adapter from pedalboard.net (i have heard many people with praise for this site).

I am only 15 and i really dont know alot about effects pedals, all i know is that they are fun as hell. and powering them is even more confusing. And ummmm I obviously cant get my adapter to run my Boss stomp boxes. I would just buy a PSA-10 or whatever they are called, and chain them togather... but i already would burn up that adapter with my pedals that i am using(ph-3, dd-5, syb-3).

I am assuming that whenever someone has a huge setup of effects that they dont have a PSA-10 for the boss ones and then another adapter powering all the other units. Maybe i am screwed by buying that adapter... but i am just curious if anyone knows what i can do, like buy some specific daisy chain or something like that.

Again... i dont know what i am doing.

2. Well, what would be the best thing would be to get a Boss TU-2 or NS-2. They allow you to use the boss/roland parallel cord. The 1.67A is way more than enough power supply. I run 5 boss's and a dunlop wah off of a 600mA power supply. 1A=1000mA. I think boss only recommends you use a 800mA supply.....but....They pedals will only use what they need.

Just make sure your power supply is tip-negative, and that it fits in the power input. Easiest way is the boss PSA-10 and they parallel cords along w/ a TU-2 (Everyone...I mean everyone needs a good, easy to use tuner).

3. navEtheChimp

navEtheChimp

Jan 28, 2002
    ok thanks im gonna look into those two products right now.