Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

AC basses prototype custom

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Stinkoman20xx, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Stinkoman20xx

Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    AC basses prototype. Body is made of 7/8" Padauk back with a 7/16" burled maple top. That makes the overall thickness of the body 1 3/8". Top does NOT have all the divots filleed with epoxy resin. The body has a thin poly semi-gloss finish. 5 bolt attachment, satin poly finished, 3 piece maple/purpleheart/maple wenge board neck with DOUBLE TRUSSRODS and a 13 degree tilt-back headstock. Neck has that cool assymetrical "airplane wing" contour on the back like a Tobias.Headstock has glued on "wings" with 3 layers of reinforcement on the face and back of headstock. These layers are birdseye maple/wenge/birdseye maple and paudk covers. Pics can be found here. Enterested in traidng for a rickencbakcer, fretless pedulla or a conklin gt-7 or whatever else you may have.Pics can be found here.

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/fr...e=http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

2. Stinkoman20xx

Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    bump.

3. Stinkoman20xx

Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    And another bump. Here is a chance to get a great botique style bass for cheap. The tone on this is amazing and up their with alot of high end basses i have played. it balances like no other with no neck dive and is light on the shoulders.

4. *drool*
    ok i have to ask...how much?

5. Stinkoman20xx

Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    I havent thought about now much id take for it. Im looking to get some trades off of it.

6. well sadly all i have to trade at the moment is an ibanez 6 string which i'm sure you're not interested at all in

7. Stinkoman20xx

Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    I am actually enterested but not for this. Id trade it for a thumb bass or fna jazzman easly.

8. i would be quite interested in that trade also...if you could shoot me some pics i can take some of my 6'er tomorrow

9. Stinkoman20xx

Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    Bump. shoot me some trade offers.

10. Stinkoman20xx

Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    Heres a great chance to get a great sounding bass that sounds like 3 grand botique basses for alot less.

11. Stinkoman20xx

Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    bumpy dumpty sat on the forum. bumpty dumpty had a great bump.All that moderators and bass men wouldnt give bumpty dumpty a bump again.

12. CustomFbass

CustomFbass

Sep 14, 2003
    Ontario
    you wouldnt be interested in a mint condition fender jazz bass would you?

13. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    PM'd ya...

14. Stinkoman20xx

Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    bump. ANybody got a carvin 6er or a good 6 or a nice worn in p-bass?

15. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    What's the nut width?

16. Stinkoman20xx

Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    Bump. I cant find anything to measure the spacing Ill do that when i get a chance. its kinda wide like a stingray.but they asymetrical type neck makes it really easy

17. BassFiddle63

BassFiddle63

Oct 4, 2002
    Oklahoma
    What pre-amp and pups does it have?