Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

AC/DC Video Historians

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mcrelly, Sep 27, 2003.

1. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I have a few AC/DC questions...

1. what ac/dc video has the group in a circle of amps and equipment and in one shot (here is the thing i'm wanting to see) there is an amp or speaker cab with a few beer bottles close to the camera and the sound is so loud the bottles are dancing on the cab??? I saw "flick of the switch" and I don't think that was the one. the bottles were close to the camera in the foreground and the person was off behind the bottles.

2. after seeing the flick of the switch video I realized that the OTHER guitar player, not angus, was playing most of the repetative guitar licks and angus was just doing solos?? I thought angus played most of the riffs? and the other guy just played chug chug chug stuff?

2. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I'll take question number two for $500, Bob!

Malcolm Young is widely considered to be the more skilled guitarist of the brothers, and actually was the first lead guitarist for the group - but after seeing how energetic his brother Angus was, he decided that Angus should play the lead so that Malcolm could focus on chugging solid riffs and singing background.

Works better than having your rhythm guitarist running around the stage playing sloppy riffs and your lead guitarist standing beside the drummer ;)

And yes, I like AC/DC :cool:

3. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Can't answer the question either but, When it's Time To Rock! AC/DC!

4. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Name a gig, any gig.........

I read an article once with AC/DC's long time sound engineer. 16 Marchall 4x12's on stage at any one time, each guitarist has behind him 6 of his own + 2 from the other guitarist. There are no overdrive effects on stage, meaning all the overdrive grunt comes from the 100w amp heads cranked to 11.

How loud is that? According to their guitar tech, it's about 135 dB at the mic stand, which is usually quite a distance from the amps. It's loud enough that even with a full concert sized PA, the engineer has to balance his mix with the sound comming from the stage..........