1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

AC powering

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by oversoul, Jul 16, 2004.

  1. oversoul

    oversoul fretless by fate

    Feb 16, 2004
    How do I change the power input of my SWR 550x from american standard to European? (120 to 220 I believe)
  2. brianrost

    brianrost Gold Supporting Member

    Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    From the FAQ page at SWR's web site:

    Q: I am moving to a new country. How do I change the voltage of my amplifier so that it is compatible?
    A: As with any electronic product that you intend to use overseas, if you plan to use an SWR amplifier that was purchased in North America in a country outside of North America, it will be necessary to change the unit's voltage so that it is compatible with the foreign country's electrical system. SWR amplifiers purchased in North America are designed to be run on 120 volt electricity, while foreign electricity is generally 220 volts.

    If you want the voltage of your amplifier changed permanently, as in the event of a relocation or long term move, we recommend that you have a replacement power transformer installed in the unit's chassis. This modification can be made by any qualified Authorized FMIC Service Center. If you would like to permanently convert the voltage of your amplifier by replacing the internal power transformer, click here to locate an Authorized FMIC Service center near you.

    Please note: SWR Professional Series models built prior to March 1999 feature multi-tap transformers and can be wired for 110v, 120v, 220v, or 240v. A schematic for this purpose may be ordered from SWR by calling (480) 596-7195.
  3. oversoul

    oversoul fretless by fate

    Feb 16, 2004
    thx that petty much does it! :)