1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Acacia Custom Fretless Five String Bass w/Lane Poor Pickups

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jamesyeh, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello everyone,
    I am offering this great fretless bass
    It has two Lane Poor bass pickups, ebony fingerboard, gold hardware, brass nut and is made from exotic hard woods. The only reason I am selling it because it is too heavy. (It weighs about 10 lb). Other than that it is a great bass. The last bass I saw that is similar to this is about 1500 shipped.
    I will do 1400 shipped and possibly make offer.
    The only trades I am consider are high end bass (+cash on my end)
    NO Low-Ball Offer, I am willing to keep this bass. It sounds great despite of heavy weight.
    Pictures by jamesyeh - Photobucket

2. AcaciaV2.

3. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Gear Reviewer - Bass Musician Magazine Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    cool bass, and a very unique Acacia for sure! Never seen one like this before, perhaps an early one?

4. Mo_Fonk

Mo_Fonk

Oct 14, 2010
    I have to ask. Were the pickup routing ever changed ? Just curious of the cover surrounding the neck pickup

5. I am not really sure about that since I am not the original owner
    By the way, yes it is an earlier model

6. 1300 SHIPPED
    Really want to get some cash to fund a bass I have been kept waiting for

7. MarkA

MarkA I believe in countermelody. Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2008
    All kinds of interesting, this bass. Spacing? Scale? How many "frets" is the fingerboard?

8. I think this is one of the newer builds that Matt did as evidenced by the logo and the headstock. It may be a predecessor to the Gruv series as the headstock was similar. This is very unique for an Acacia overall (probably a one-off), but if you pull the pickup you should see the serial number, which tells the date. Justin would be able to tell you that info (honestly I don't recall how to but he had explained it to me when I took mine into his shop).

9. Thanks

10. MarkA

Sep 26, 2008
    I'd be interested to know this, as well (in addition to the scale and spacing info I asked about earlier). Anyone know how to get hold of the builder?

11. Matt is retired and out of the business and to the best of my knowledge no longer answers e-mail about his instruments. ModulusAcacia (or, just google Justin Kennedy Guitars out of Cincinnati) would be one of the most knowledgable. Also, you can post a link to the thread with question to the Acaciaheads in the Acacia fanboi mega thread.

12. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    Is there a serial number stamped on the neck?

13. I don't think so

14. It is such an unusual combination, from the build style to the woods, for something that Matt built.

I am still thinking info can be found under the pups.

15. Bump

16. MarkA

Sep 26, 2008
    I posted about this bass in the Acacia Fan Club thread (thanks for the suggestion, Woodshed). Maybe someone there will have some more info about it.

Meanwhile, jamesyeh, would you mind measuring the scale length? Would you also measure from the middle of the B-string to the middle of the G-string at the nut and just before the bridge saddles?

Thanks,
    Mark

17. Make reasonable offer

18. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Folks have asked about the scale length. Could you answer that? Thanks.

19. PM sent

20. chris1125

chris1125

May 14, 2007
    Specs?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.