Acacia Questions ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mrphattay, Sep 29, 2005.

1. mrphattay

mrphattay Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2005
    Does anyone out there have any info regarding the evolution of Acacia Basses ?
    I've seen them with different Logos & serial number type.

Some have the Branded "Acacia" next to a Tree design logo, others have a transparent decal on the Headstock stating "Acacia Instruments".

RE: Serial number - I've seen them with etched numbers that are easily found, and yet I've seen another that was hand numbered in pencil, hidden under the Wooden truss rod cover.

Does these differences correspond to specific periods of Acacia manufacture ?

I've also read that when the Acacia Shop was closing, a limited number of Basses in various stages of completion, were sold "AS-IS." If this is true, are there any identifiable characteristics of these "last run" Basses.
  2. elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    You need to hook up with Brian Barrett of The Low End, and FiveStringDan. I think they know quite a bit. Brian used to be an Acacia dealer, and FiveStringDan is a collector (I think he's got five Acacia basses).

I used an Acacia four string fretless pretty much exclusively until about a year ago. Great instrument!
  3. mrphattay

mrphattay Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2005
    Thanks Elros for the advise.
    It's appreciated.