accepting donations.......

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by slapper3, Jul 8, 2001.

1. slapper3

Jan 13, 2001
    I have been playin bass for almost two years....I want either a 6 string anything or a Warwick 5 string streamer.....anybody want to give me one.....hehe.....anyway what I kinda wanted to ask was does anybody think I'm may be ready for a sixer yet? I know yall are gonna say it's all up to you... or do what you feel is right...but I want other opinions....My skill level is I think pretty high for almost two years.....I can play a lot of Primus and almost every 311 song. Metallica, green day( which takes no talent I know, maybe some songs) so many generic slap riffs it's amazing....blues lines..... easy stuff like that too..... I don't know.....I went and played on one and I struggled a little but who doesnt you know? It's gonna be a little tough to adjust but I think I can do it!
  2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    i say go for it... but try some more sixers just to be sure :)
  3. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA you really feel you need it? It's a lot of extra expense and time for something you might use.
  4. slapper3

Jan 13, 2001
    no donations? come on guys you know you want to give me a Warwick!
  5. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    this is no bunnybass!

i heard that sometimes some rich/retired bassist gives away one bass for someone who needs it:

look at the bottom for the winner
  6. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    I don't think going to six is a matter of skill level. It is more a more of style and taste. Most really good players can wear out a four.

I only switched to five to be able to play in a variety of keys without detuning. It din't make me a better player.

If you are into chording or lead/improv maybe a six is the right thing. If you simply see it as the next logical step, you may be mistaken.