1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

accepting donations.......

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by slapper3, Jul 8, 2001.

1. slapper3

slapper3

Jan 13, 2001
    I have been playin bass for almost two years....I want either a 6 string anything or a Warwick 5 string streamer.....anybody want to give me one.....hehe.....anyway what I kinda wanted to ask was does anybody think I'm may be ready for a sixer yet? I know yall are gonna say it's all up to you... or do what you feel is right...but I want other opinions....My skill level is I think pretty high for almost two years.....I can play a lot of Primus and almost every 311 song. Metallica, green day( which takes no talent I know, maybe some songs) so many generic slap riffs it's amazing....blues lines..... easy stuff like that too..... I don't know.....I went and played on one and I struggled a little but who doesnt you know? It's gonna be a little tough to adjust but I think I can do it!

2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    i say go for it... but try some more sixers just to be sure :)

3. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Depends...do you really feel you need it? It's a lot of extra expense and time for something you might use.

4. slapper3

slapper3

Jan 13, 2001
    no donations? come on guys you know you want to give me a Warwick!

5. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    this is no bunnybass!

:D

i heard that sometimes some rich/retired bassist gives away one bass for someone who needs it:

http://www.bunnybass.com/bass/zGraphiteGuitarSystems.shtml

look at the bottom for the winner

6. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    I don't think going to six is a matter of skill level. It is more a more of style and taste. Most really good players can wear out a four.

I only switched to five to be able to play in a variety of keys without detuning. It din't make me a better player.

If you are into chording or lead/improv maybe a six is the right thing. If you simply see it as the next logical step, you may be mistaken.