Accessory FS: Kramer (MusicYo) Baretta FX404SM guitar, $120/OBO

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Peter McFerrin, Jun 7, 2002.

1. This guitar is just about the opposite of what my hands and style call for; I bought it when I thought I wanted to be a prog-metal dude.

Anyhow, it's got the following features:
    -3-piece maple through-body neck, 1.625" width, thin thin thin depth, super-soft-V profile, 6-inline tiltback hockey-stick headstock
    -Maple fingerboard with 24 frets (somewhere between medium and jumbo in size), 15" radius, 25.5" scale length, black dot inlays
    -Alder body wings
    -Metallic blue finish (closer to purple, but whatever)
    -Quad-Rail humbucking pickups with push-pull tone pot for coil-splitting (very useful)
    -Fixed string-through bridge (Fender-style)
    -Gotoh locking tuners
    -Black hardware

Sonically, it's a very versatile instrument with amazing clarity. It can't do country--the bridge pickup is way too hot even with the volume rolled off and the coil splitter enabled--but anything else, even jazz, is within reach. Chords are very clear. And, if you want to do speed licks, well, it's a hair-metal guitar--go, go, go!

There are two fairly sizable dings, one down to the wood (but not through it). It's hard not to scratch the finish on guitars in this price range, though. It originally sold direct for $260; $120 and it's yours. I'll throw in a bunch of picks and a MusicYo gig bag and strap, as well as a couple of packs of 10-gauge guitar strings.

I want to learn to play fingerstyle guitar, and this isn't suited for fingerstyle in any way at all, so it's been gathering dust.

I'll split FedEx Ground shipping with the buyer--I'll pack it in old issues of the Financial Times.
  2. odie

odie Supporting Member

Got a pic/ Email me
  3. Unfortunately, I don't have any pics, and I don't have access to a digicam in the near future. I can tell you that the dings are on the body edges--one on the upper bout and one on the lower bout.

Email me if you're still interested. I should be able to get back to you by Sunday.