1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Accidently bending strings while fretting

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by fenderlover77, May 18, 2011.

1. fenderlover77

fenderlover77

May 10, 2011
    I've noticed that I bend the strings while fretting since I changed my strings from rotosound flats to Fender 7120's. The 7120's have lower tension than the flats. I just noticed I was doing this last night while practicing. I am pulling the ADG strings down and the E string up. Any solutions to this? The tension is a little too loose for my taste so I'm thinking about going back to the flats but I like the tone of the nylon filament wound fenders.

2. Skitch it!

Skitch it!

Sep 6, 2010
    I'd lighten up your left hand and try to avoid the 'grip' and also practice fretting in line, it sounds to me like your fretting fingers are putting too much force down for the lower tension strings, a bit of a feel thing.

3. fenderlover77

fenderlover77

May 10, 2011
    Thank you. I'm used to the high tension of the rotosound 77's. Your response is a big help.