1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Accoustic B200 or Yorkville BsssMaster 200T

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MOEBASSPLAYER, Oct 20, 2013.

1. I am looking to purchase a 200 watt combo, and I have the option of buying an Acoustic B200 115 combo, or a Yorkville BassMaster 200T with 210 Combo. I am looking to purchase an extension cab sometime in the near future. I like the idea of mixing a 15 with some other size speaker. So here are my questions - which is a better amp, and is it better to have a 15 speaker on top or on the bottom? Thanks for the knowledge.

2. It's better to NOT mix speaker sizes

3. +1 Moe, do a search on the subject of mixing driver sizes. There's a plethora of information on the site.

As for your amplifier choice, seriously, YOU are the only person who can decide. The amplifier has to suit your tonal goals. GC"s Acoustic line appears to be made in China, entry level stuff from all that I have read. My choice would be the made in Canada Yorkville unit.

4. I think I am leaning towards the Yorkville also, but my only concern is can the 10's give the bass feel that 15's give?

5. A speakers size tells you just that - only it's size

There are 10's that act as subwoofers, and 15's that are used in cheap vocal PA's and guitar rigs.

ETA - *Most* commercially available 4X10's go louder AND lower then 1X15's

6. Thanks for the info!