1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Accugroove - Acme?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jim Dombrowski, Feb 26, 2008.

1. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    No, it's obviously not because all the woofers are running fullrange.

Yes, either the Tri-115L or the Whappo Jr. The Tri-112L and Tri-110L are far too midrangey and short of bass fullness, the El Whappo is too big in the bottom despite having less bass extension.

The Tri-210L is using whizzer cones on its woofers which have got to put out a significant amount of midrange in competition with the mid driver. If that gets the same accuracy and clarity as a Low-B2 I'll eat my hat.

One company produces very well designed and fairly priced cabs which meet their specs and are not surrounded by endorsers and hype. Another company produces very expensive cabs full of dubious design decisions, posts ridiculous specs and has countless endorsers and marketing man's sloganeering. If you prefer the sound of one to other, then fine. But if you're buying blind as those in non US metropolitan areas are likely to, then you'd want to know where that huge difference in price is going...

What happened to all those pending patents anyway?

Alex

2. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    "Reflection of there personal intelligence." Unnecessary remark and toally unrelated. If you felt I was defending Accugroove you are right but i was also stating, keep with the subject matter.

3. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    To me the 210 is a very deep sounding cabinet. Deeper than there 15. What I heard from the B2 is that it was deep sounding and probably as deep as the 210 accugroove. Again its what I heard from it. I don't own one. As far as clarity I did not A/B them. But to my personal taste the Tri210L is not my favorite accugroove. Not that I do not like it cause i do. But I like the clarity and presence of accugroove when im up close or at a distance. I think what makes them so good to my ears is that they throw real well.
    You Stated: "But if you're buying blind as those in non US metropolitan areas are likely to, then you'd want to know where that huge difference in price is going..."
    You got to be careful with that. Also keep in mind Accugroove isn't that big.

4. So the question is, which cab has the widest, flattest, most uncolored response. In my opinion it's the Acme Low B2 and you pay for it with efficiency. I play the Accugroove Whappo Jr. because I think it's the flattest, widest, and most uncolored speaker for its' given efficiency. I hear a strong fundamental down to D below low E on my SR5, anything lower is lacking in fundamental. It's all a trade off.