1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Accugroove back in biz??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hexbass, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Saw Mark's FB page with some new designs for cabs, not sure if this is a cruel april fools joke, but anyone with info, please post. I am a long time fan of these cabs.:meh:

2. michele

michele

Apr 2, 2004
    Italy
    If it isn't april fool it's very good news. I love my tri112l.

3. jusplayinmybass

jusplayinmybass

Apr 17, 2003
    Conyers, Ga
    Keith McMillan Instruments, SIT Strings, Accugroove Cabinets
    It was an April Fool's.

4. That's just NOT funny!!!:mad:

5. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Gear Reviewer - Bass Musician Magazine Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    Unless he made an April 2nd joke, it looks like it's at least on the table, according to FB today

6. Yess!! I actually stuck with A.G. faithfully through "The Switch" wars, (my whappo jr. has the switch, and while it is a contention for techies, I wouldn't get rid of it for anything. Although it has been tough to understand what is happening with the company, I really hope this will happen. Getting older, and playing less gigs where I need a beefy rig, I am really interested in the highly portable smaller cabs, go Accugroove!!!:hyper:

7. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

Assuming A-G is not coming back, I would highly recommend you look into the Baer ML112. GREAT small cab, with a very nice warm mid driver that has more clarity and 'ooomph' in the upper midrange versus the Accugrooves. Very light weight, and it puts out a lot of noise with a good, honest 400 watts or so pumping into it.

The fEARless F112 seems very impressive also, if you need a bit more deep low end, and a bit more sizzle up top.

Finally, the new Bergantino CN212, while a woofer/tweeter design, is simply killer at 46 pounds, and has a very articulate, clear top end.

8. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Gear Reviewer - Bass Musician Magazine Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    I sold my last AG cab to a buddy recently, but really miss my small arsenal of accugroove cabs that kept me very happy for years. I would love to see them return to the market. They're killer sounding, super reliable cabs, IMO.

9. Yeah, as much as I can, I am always looking for an alternative, and your recommendations pretty much are what I am looking for, especially the berg.;) thanks

10. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    There is no contention in it. The switch simply doesn't do what it was claimed to do.

11. Oh lets not kick this dead horse, sir, If the techies who raised the stink would have listened with their ears instead of whatever appendage they were using, maybe A.G. would still be around. How's yur carvin rig doing;)

12. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

The issue was not that the cabs didn't sound good (at least some of them anyway), but rather that one of their main selling features was literally bogus.

The amazing thing to me is all he had to do was fess up, and all would have been reasonably well. Classic example of how not do deal with a problem.

Old news, but also pretty cut and dry.

13. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    Listening had nothing to do with it - if Accugroove had been honest about it, they probably would've survived the whole mess...

- georgestrings

14. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005

Exactly...

- georgestrings

15. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    I don't think the "switch" had anything to do with the fate of Accugroove.

There are many new cab companies making extraordinary claims popping up in thread after thread. What actually works or not doesn't seem to be a success factor.

16. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    It goes beyond that. There was more going on that you really don't know about. I just hope accugroove comes back cause it is a great cab for those looking for that type of sound as with any other cab on the market.

17. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

Always an explanation, rarely an excuse. Business is business.

Old topic, well discussed on this site and other places.

18. "Techies" apparently are better able to hear BS. If anyone enjoys being mislead, more power to them. "Techies" listen very well it is part of the training to do their work ;)

19. 7stg

7stg

Oct 4, 2005
    This is exciting news!!!!

20. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    With the greatest of respect my brother, may I point out that you brought the dead horse into play. You then implied that the switch did work and we "techie" folk din't know what we were talking about.. The cabinets may well be good but that doesn't mean that their marketing is correct.

Let's just leave it there hey?

:D

Edit: All my Carvin equipment is working flawlessly, thank you. :)