Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Accugroove break-in period

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ekohen, Dec 30, 2004.

1. ekohen

ekohen

Aug 31, 2004
    Detroit
    Just got my Accugroove Tri210L, at low volume with my Thunderfunk it sounds great, can't wait to get it out on a gig, I think this is going to be a dynamite rig. One thing, anyone know how much I need to concern myself with the 'break-in period', low to med volume for 2 to 4 hours? By the way, this is the lightest 57lbs I've ever carried up and down the stairs.
    Peace,
    Ed

2. I'd say a day or two.

Just to be safe. I have to break in my car's sub for about two weeks before I can push it. Then again, its not in my car yet, so its no big deal for me.

3. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I just used the break-in period as an excuse to sit and noodle for a few extra hours... ;)

Why not just follow the recommendation? You'll feel better for having done it for as long as you own the cab.

Congrats on your acquisition! :hyper:

4. CurbowPete

CurbowPete

Aug 28, 2004
    USA
    Definitely follow what the manual says, your woofers will thank you. Welcome to the AccuClub!

5. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    Mark at Accugroove recommended playing a cd or some other signal through my Whappo Jr. for at least four hours. I simply left it for the day with my drum machine playing through it! I knew that thing would come in handy!

6. Whappo Grande

Whappo Grande

Feb 9, 2002
    Santa Clara, CA.
    Manager: AccuGroove Speakers
    FretlessEddie,

Thanks for investing in our Tri 210L cab! I just checked out your web site & was very impressed by your music samples...very cool.

Welcome to the fam,
    Mark
    AccuGroove Cabinets