Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Accugroove Cabs vs. Euphonic Audio Cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jokerjkny, Jul 8, 2002.

1. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    anyone play an accugroove yet? how's the voicing vs. EA?

2. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    bumpity bump

3. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    subscribity bump :)

I'd like to know too.

Also still waiting for info on those new Tech ND cabs. . . :D

4. rockindoc

rockindoc Daily Lama

Jan 26, 2002
    Bonham, Tx
    I'd settle for just hearing from someone who can AFFORD an Accugroove. For adequate volume (and portability), two Tri 112s were my Holy Grail, but that's over $1800 for the pair, shipped. I salivated over those cabs for about three months, and finally bought a used EA VL210. I'm happy, for now.

5. Golem II

Golem II

Jan 4, 2002
    Macon, GA, USA
    Where can you buy accugroove, anyways?

6. rockindoc

rockindoc Daily Lama

Jan 26, 2002
    Bonham, Tx
  7. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    well,

i just spoke with john, i believe, at Bass Alone and he says that the overall tone is similar to one another. also, i finally picked up the latest issue of BP with Chris wood on the cover. why didnt anyone tell me there was an El Whappo review?!?!? :mad:

at any rate, it says its thick and rich in the low mids which sounds like my aguilar 1x12. i like that sound, but i want something more airy. wonder how the extra 6" woofer in Accu's 1x12's sounds???

8. Hey Joker,
    After waiting forever to try out Aggies and the likes of, I ended up with a Bergie 212. It is so fine. It's bigger than what you want. Maybe you should just get another berg 112. Just wanted to tell you it's a really big bottom, and punch galore. I feel it's "airy' enough too with the right eq.

9. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Very nice cabs with some definite similarities to the Aggies in the low mids. Somewhat warm, overall. I prefer Bergantino and Epifani...with my rigs, my basses, my ears, etc.