Accugroove El Whappo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ElMon, Oct 11, 2005.

1. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    To those who own this cabinet or who have looked into buying one, what's the best price that you've seen? I know its expensive either way, but I want the lowest. Thank you.
  2. natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Shoreline has pretty good prices on AG stuff, especially since it's shipped to your door and there's no tax if you're out of state.
  3. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    The Whappo's do seem expensive at first but when you realize that it's probably the only cabinet you'll ever need it does become much easier to rationalize. PM me if you need any more info.

4. notrt

Jun 29, 2004
    ...that I ever saw was two years ago for $ 1250, if I remember it right---and I passed on it in favor of a Bag End ELF setup, which is wonderful in its own right...but when I listen to Nathan East's incredible sound on "My father's eyes" on the recent live EC CD, I am utterly amazed at his below-E clarity , girth, and punch...

I subsequently bought an el gordo sub for $ 450 ( I think) which I sold to Tom Bowlus who had it for a while---it was pretty amazing too...
  5. Which live recording was that?
  6. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Bump for this thread. I'd still like to get a ballpark figure for what I'd have to pay towards the ElWhappo brand new.
  7. Emprov

Mar 19, 2003
    I've seen a few used ones go for around $1300, give or take $50. Playing one of those things when I wasn't prepared to walk out of the store with it was the worst bass playing mistake that I've made. Buy one so the rest of us can live vicariously through you.

8. Very rarely is a stage rig part of a live sound in a large venue or recording.... especially a recording.... almost always the direct feed. A specific amp or cab has very little to do with the sound you hear from these guys on a CD or in concert.
  9. Kurisu

Nov 19, 2003
    Saskatoon SK
    In that case, I want Nathan East's fingers. :)

10. +1 on that!
  11. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

secretdonkey got 2 of the juniors from Austin BassTraders
    iirc, and he was happy with the deal from what he told me.
  12. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    Again, PM me and I can get you whatever you need.

13. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Thanks for the info all around. I just have to sell some stuff to get one.
  14. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Austin Bass Traders. give Glenn a call. he's an all around good guy and very knowledgeable on gear. I've been playing through AG cabs for nearly a year. They're great! I'm very happy with them, even with all the drama regarding the accuswitch.

:cool: :D :cool: