1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Accugroove for my Thunderfunk550?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by clearskies2, Nov 11, 2006.

1. clearskies2

clearskies2

Jan 11, 2005
    chicago,IL
    Hi, was wondering if anyone out there has tried both El Whappo and Whappo Jr. side by side.

I was wondering if there is considerable difference in tone, volume, and bottom end between the two. Does that 15" make a big difference over the 12" in the Junior?

I play mostly classic to current rock with a Lakland 55-02 and Thunderfunk TFB550 and am looking to replace my SWR 4x10 and Mesa 1x15 cabs with one 4 ohm cab that can punch, shake, and growl.

Any other cabinet suggestions with my Thunderfunk also would be appreciated. Thanks!!! :)

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I haven't...haven't even seen either (but I just bought a used Tri210-L).

If you have a 4x10 and a 1x15 and play in a rock band, I'd say go all the way and get the El Whappo. The two cabinets (El and Jr.) aren't that much different in size and only a few hundred $ apart list...and it would be cheaper in the long run to go big and not have to rethink it later.