Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Accugroove is here

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by matthewfoote, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Got an email from Alex at "The Gallery" yesterday to say that they had got their first ever delivery of Accugroove Cabs and that a Tri 112 had been put aside for me as they had promised.

Tomorrow [Friday] I will be going up to "The Gallery" to pick it up and I can't wait :hyper:

With the Boss TU 2 that I brought today, my rig is now complete and ready for the first 10 days of August when I have about 20 small performances to play.

The rig is Sei 7 string fretless / Ken Smith BSR4 fretted bass - Boss TU2 - SABBDI - Clarus - Epifani 1 x 10 UL + Accugroove Tri 112

I am one very happy person and can't wait to get it home tomorrow to try it all out.

Thanks Mark/Whappo Grande for getting my Tri 112 built and over to "The Gallery" in time for early August.

Review will come in due course :hyper: :bassist: :hyper:

Matthew

2. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    Must resist visiting...

Alex

3. sixontimber

sixontimber

Aug 2, 2003
    scotland
    Be sure to let us all know what you think!

Douglas.

4. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    I was in the Gallery today - they've got loads of AccuGroove cabs in! It's normally crowded in there, but it's just insane at the moment! Looks like they've got some 110s 112s, 210s and a whappo Jnr... that's what I could see anyway.

My 110s are the best sounding bass cabs I've ever used, for sure!

Welcome to the UK, AccuGroove :D

Steve
    www.stevelawson.net

5. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    PS - 'twas very nice to see you in there, Matthew - and to see your 7 string in the flesh!!

Steve
    www.stevelawson.net

6. Congrats Matthew!!! I'd love to hear Wal basses through any of the AccuGroove cabinets. Be certain to give us a full report.

7. Oddio

Having owned a couple of Wal 5 strings in the past I can say for sure that they would really suit the Accugroove. The "Wal" tone would come accross beautifully as the Accugroove cabs sound so neutral and reproduce the sound of your bass totally faithfully. A fretless Wal through a Tri 112 would be heaven.

Matthew

8. Oddio

I have posted a fuller review of my initial impressions on another thread "Accugroove Tri 112L what else compares".

I haven't worked out how I can paste it here!

Matthew

9. Thanks Matthew,

I recall seeing that thread and I'll be certain to catch up on it!

I love the "Wal" tone through my Acmes. but something tells me that there might also be an Accugroove in my future. I'll go take another look at the Tri 112.

Cheers,

Andrew