Accugroove service

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by trilobeat, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Hey all,

I wrote Mark from AG about a small problem with my Tri210L cab last week. There is a low buzz coming from one of the 10" drivers, which is more obvious at note F, but it is hardly noticeable on a gig or rehearsal, I noticed it at my place playing at low volume. It doesn't increase with the overall volume so I thought it was a mechanical problem of the driver, but I wasn't able to get rid of it. Mark responded immediately (considering different time zone) and suggested to replace the driver, which he's going to send today.
    Great service !!!

I'm glad I can contribute something positive about AG again after reading tons of spiteful comments on the "switch" by some TBers :meh:
  2. BassIan

BassIan Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2003
    Cupertino, California
    I, too have had great service from Mark at Accugroove. He ALWAYS replies to my emails in a timely fashion and has always been kind. In addition, Greg Holmes of GH Services was just as helpful as Mark when I was looking to buy my cab.

I'm glad things got sorted out for you.
  3. Fuzzhead

Sep 26, 2005
    Well, I never got my replacement Accuswitch plate that he said he was sending me many weeks ago. I guess he's being selective with his service. :ninja:
  4. hm ??? that is strange, did you write to Mark again ? maybe it'd been lost somewhere on its way. I have had only the best experience with AG support ...
  5. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    definitely send him another email about that. I'm sure he just forgot, and would send you one asap if you reminded him. :)
  6. Fuzzhead

Sep 26, 2005
    Hey, he did send it! Just got a shiny new backplate today. Great customer service even during witchhunts.

I can see why the switch couldn't be just turned's all connected with that bloody solid copper stuff. Looks indestructible. I've seen a lot of s**t wiring in my time and this looks military grade (ever seen the inside of a Diezel amp?) The competition could take soldering lessons off these guys.

So if 2 cabs in parallel switched is 4 ohms, 2 of these backplates in series should get me back to 8 ohms, whereupon I can add still more cabs to end up with a 4 Ohm load...hooray!!

I am the smart...I am the smart...S M R T..... :bag: <--- I always think of The Ring when I see this.....
  7. I am still waiting for the replacement driver, but it takes time to Europe...

2Fuzzhead: I am not sure I got your point with 2 backplates changing the impedance, could you explain ? thanks
  8. The speaker has arrived, great support by Mark.
  9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

He is referring to the capacitors in the so called Accuswitch.