Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Accugroove TRI210L

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Peik, Dec 23, 2004.

1. Peik

Peik

Dec 2, 2004
    Sweden
    Hey
    Thinking about buying the Accugroove TRI210L, heard alot about then, but I don´t see so many people mentioning them on this forum. Are they as good as you hear, anybody who own this specifik cab or other Accugroove cabs?

Any coments is apreciated. You do not have to mention the price, I know they are expencive, but do you get your moneys worth?

Hope you can help

Peik

2. The Accugroove range is brilliant. A lot of people on Talkbass own them. I for one use a Tri112L and will be adding a second one as soon as possible as I think for my needs they are the best cabs in the world.

Try a search under Acugroove or Whappo Grande or Whappo Junior and you should get some hits.

I think a number of people here use a Whappo Junior with a Tri 210L on top and they say it is a killer combination.

Mark from Accugroove also visits TalkBass so he might be able to comment. Do try them out as they are a very very good cab. The main thing for me is that they are loud but very clean, articulate and neutral sounding so what you put in you get out including and bad technique. So you soon learn to play better.

A brilliant choice to go for in my opinion.

Regards

Matthew

3. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    I also use an AccuGroove Tri-112L - I bought it through Jens Ritter, who is the European dealer.

However, his site accugroove.de seems to be down.... don't know what's up with that.

Great cab, though; if you are looking for clean and clear tone you'll be pleased, I think.

4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I am one of the guys using this combo (among others).
    [​IMG]

Accugroove cabs are very full sounding, and maintain a thick, fat tone all the way up the neck. I find them to be very well balanced, and if you want to change the tone - even drastically - they respond well to EQ. Some people (myself included) like to add some more high end to these cabs, and even when you turn up the treble, you do not get any hiss.

Mark is a great person to work with, as well.

5. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I sampled a Tri210 very briefly. I was struck by how close the sound was in character to that of the Whappo Jr. I took home. Count me as a huge fan and advocate of Accugroove - my second Whappo Jr. is on the way! Yes, they are expensive, but I think they deliver plenty of performance relative to the price you pay. I was blown away when I got the cab home and was dialing in my sound. With my old (2)4x10 setup, the cabs didn't seem to be terribly sensitive to small tweaks in the low range, but the Accugroove responds to the slightest changes. It did take me some trial-and-error to "re-find" the sound I like to hear in a band context, but I would tend to blame that on deficiencies in the bass cabs I'm *used* to using and which influenced the way I initially approached EQ, rather than on the Accugroove cab.

I don't think I've read anyone expressing any regrets or reservations over an Accugroove cab... certainly not me!

:bassist:

6. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    EXCELLENT cab, highly recommended! I'll probably grab one sooner than later...

~S~

7. Peik

Peik

Dec 2, 2004
    Sweden
    thanks for the comments I will order one soon aswell, spoke to Jens ritter in Gremany and he sold me on one.

Peik