Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

AccuGroove

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mel Monihan, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Mel Monihan

Mel Monihan

Mar 30, 2004
    I have heard alot of great things on this forum about these cabinets, and I am interested in getting one.I want just one cabinet.I play mostly 4 string bass, but I do have a 5 string.
    I play mostly classic rock and oldies.I have a Thunderfunk head.What do you think? Thanks

2. I had the pleasure meeting Mark for the first time at the last Namm in Anaheim and played through his cabinets. Besides Mark being a great guy, his product is one of the finest on the market IMO.

3. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Wow, praise from a competitor! :D

Granted, Schroeder and Accugroove arent really similar cabs anyway. . . . .

4. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I have been very impressed/satisfied with the Whappo Jr. In many ways, it's the perfect single cab solution, especially in the rooms and venues where I play.

5. dood

dood

Dec 9, 2004
    sitting down,facingforward..UK
    Endorsements: Shuker Guitars, Dingwall Designer Guitars, D'Addario, Planet Waves, Barefaced Bass
    I am recieving mine tomorrow.. gig on friday... I'll give you an update then if you like? I'm getting a TRI210L YAY!!

6. kjones

kjones Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Maryland
    I just did almost this same thread about a week or so ago. (Search under my name.) I think the consensus of the board was a Whappo, Jr. for a one cab solution, with expansion of adding a Tri 210 in large venues.

JSCHRO, as has been said before on these boards (see Dave Funk complimenting Walter Woods' amps), it is a sign of class, not to mention comfort with the quality of one's own product, when you can say a few good words about a competitor. Kudos, and be assured that readers think well of your product when they see you're that secure.

7. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Ashland, MO
    Go for it! The Whappo Jr. is simply an amazing speaker cabinet. I now know why Dave recommends Accugroove. As soon as you hear one (if you haven't already) you will understand too. In addition to the amazing sound: on the Whappo, Whappo Jr. and Tri-110 you can set the impedance to 4 or 8 ohms - very handy if you do eventually use more than one cab. Another feature I REALLY like is the self-resetting protection for the midrange driver & tweeters. Added bonus - a speaker THIS good will help you to become a better player, seriously.
    DOOD - be careful with that pair of Tri-110's. I don't want to hear about you causing any earthquakes over there :p

8. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    That would be my vote, for sure.

+1 :D