Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Accugrooves new web site

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by matthewfoote, Nov 24, 2004.

1. I've just had a look at the new Accugroove web site and it looks really impressive in its new format. A link is at the bottom of this post.

I rushed to see if the cab of my dreams was on it but was very disappointed to see it wasn't. :crying:

In my dreams, I see my Tri 112L paired with another cab of the same size, but with a single Accugroove 12" in it, only this time it is a 12" sub woofer so that I can have a Whappo Jr but in two cabs instead of one big one!. When it is a really good dream it has a 6" mid range speaker as well. :hyper:

Mark, Mr Whappo Grande Sir any chance of my dream being a reality and one being built. I would gladly test it for you. ;)

My back and my audience would both say a very big thank you. I would also be able to transport them a lot more easily in two cabs rather than the one. :bag:

Regards

Matthew

www.accugroove.com

2. Whappo Grande

Whappo Grande

Feb 9, 2002
    Santa Clara, CA.
    Manager: AccuGroove Speakers
    Thanks for the kind words regarding our new site Matthew.

If you add another Tri 112L to your current one, that's about as close as you'll ever get to a cut-in-two Whappo Jr. The 12” driver is the same as the one in the sub part of the Jr., plus it has the 6", as well as 2 tweeters that you can dial in or out.

PS As we celebrate Thanksgiving here in the states tomorrow, there’s a lot to be thankful for & I for one will be counting all my many blessings.

Mark
    AccuGroove's New Web Site

3. Raven

Raven

Nov 14, 2004
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Congratz Mark... love the new site..... and I'm still planning on getting the Tri112, it just got postponed for awhile.... :(

Awesome cabs....

Tommy

4. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    The new site looks great. I have to say though that what knocked me out the most was finding Xavier Padilla's live clip from his site. He's under the Artists section of the new Accugroove site...........Why havn't I heard this guy play before????? It's a crime that we don't talk about Xavier on these forums. It must be a French Gypsy thing because he sounds as fluid as Dominique DiPiazza. I'm floored........

5. Mark

Thanks for the reply and the clarification about the speaker in the Tri 112L. I will now have to get another Tri 112L and have my own version of a Whappo Jr in two boxes :hyper:

Have a wonderful and restful thanksgiving and keep up the great work.

Regards

Matthew

6. Jackbass

Jackbass

Dec 19, 2003
    Paris (FRANCE)
    Great update!! I am spending all my time on the new website.
    The 210 and 112 seem incredible stuff.

7. Hman

Hman

Jan 8, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Mark...I went to Peter White's gig at Kimball East last week...the bass player I think is Donald Patterson?? He is playing thru Accugrove cabs. I think is 2 x 10 + 1 x15..not sure, sounds great man!!! But he's playing with that new Infeld Shark bass...pretty uyly :meh:

New site looks great :hyper: Still need to hook up!! soon I hope :)

8. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    oh thank the lawdy,

the old site was a real bear to DL. the new one's much nicer on my modem. love the clear layout, too. thumbs up!

9. Whappo Grande

Whappo Grande

Feb 9, 2002
    Santa Clara, CA.
    Donald normally plays through an El Whappo, but this time he ran through two Tri 210L cabs with a SWR 900 head. This is the personal rig of my good friend Jeremy Cohen who generously loaned it to Donald for the 3 day gig. THANKS Jeremy!

Marcus McTurkey
    AccuGroove's New Web Site!

10. Whappo Grande

Whappo Grande

Feb 9, 2002
    Santa Clara, CA.
    Xavier is a very humble, yet monster of a player! He was raised in South America, but traveled Europe on tours to pursue music. He settled in France & is the current bass player for the Gypsy Kings.

Xavier ordered sight unseen our El Whappo & Whappo Grande cabinets for his world tour that started here in the states this summer. This means that all of their semi trucks full of gear was shipped over here with the exception of his cabs. They needed to save room for them on the trucks & to take back to Europe. Having never heard them, he would have been in a jam if he didn’t like them.

Needless to say, the tour manager, keyboard player, drummer & percussion player all came up to me at both the sound check & concert to thank me for allowing them to finally here Xavier on stage.

The funny this is, he only plays a 4 string Jazz style bass with these two cabinets. It may be over kill, but what an amazing sound! And yes, he is an incredible player & song writer.

Marcus McTurkey

11. Suburban

Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    Mark, seriously...

Black boxes on black background don't make a really nice presentation. Makes you feel there's something that needs hiding :bag: (not me this time, though)

And personally, I prefer facts to nice layout.

But then again...luv yer stuff, mate! :bassist:

12. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Matthew:

Just a point of consideration, but have you tried hefting the new, neo-equipped, Whappo, Jr? It is amazingly easy on the back, especially considering its size. Still, I'm sure two Tri 112L's (or a Tri 112L/Tri 210L combo) would sound killer!

I just acquired a Tri 110, but have yet to put it through its paces.

Later, Tom.

13. Whappo Grande

Whappo Grande

Feb 9, 2002
    Santa Clara, CA.
    The goal was to do both. What facts have we left out that you would like to see?

Mark

14. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    That just makes me want a whappo Jr even more. Just can't afford it right here before christmas. anyone wanna buy me a nice cabinet for christmas??? ;)

15. tombowlus

I have not tried a Whappo Jr because although I am sure it is very well balanced when you pick it up the weight at ?90ish lbs, This should read 74 lbs! Thanks for the correction Alexwhilst excellent for what the cab is and does is, is still too much for my back. Also the physical size of the cab would make it a little difficult to put in the car. 2 smaller boxes [Tri 112l size] are eaasier to fit in the car.

Still never say never, I will try the Whappo Jr but I am afraid that once I hear it I will want it and then won't be able to fit it in the car! I think realistically 2 x Tri 112Ls will be the way to go for me.

Regards

Matthew

16. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    Only 74lbs actually. So no featherweight but considering what it does! However, likewise I still prefer two small cabs due to our smaller cars, houses and rehearsal studios (with ridiculously narrow staircases and doorways). Two Tri112L's would be nice.

Alex

17. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Having recently bought a new Whappo Jr. I can report that mine weighs 49lbs. I know because I weighed it! ;)

18. Suburban

Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    Guess what!
    I went back there, and this time there was a page 2 of the specs! That tab with the "2" in didn't show the first time! Weird... :scowl: ... Microsoft....

Now I withdraw my previous remark - the facts I look for is there.