1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD ACG-02 Filter preamp with stacked Sadowsky-style knobs

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by rojo412, Jun 10, 2014.

1. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Price:
    $220
    DCA32CD6-7C02-4A72-BED0-24E0EF3D351E_zpspvebpgrf.

1C0B0CF7-0634-4DAA-9AE2-74E0D1DA1685_zpsybtjdswr.

This is the ACG-02 filter preamp, made by John East. This is one of the most insanely capable preamps ever made. If you want almost infinite possibilities for tonal changes, this is your preamp.

This is the second one of these I've had and they really are shockingly simple to use and get used to... but subtle changes make for so many possibilities, you can almost get lost. And that's really what's causing the sale for me. I've gotten used to playing on Musicman basses lately and really have fallen for their simplicity. This preamp is wasted on me for the playing I'm doing.
    Do I like the preamp? HELL YEAH! This is tied for #1 in my list of favorite onboard preamps that can do a ton. If I played fretless, I'd put this in it in a heartbeat. But alas, I'm not a fretless guy.

The preamp has a buffered input, so you can adjust your pickup input levels to match, using the onboard trim pots. This means, if you have a PJ setup that has a louder P than a J, you can make them even.
    It works with active or passive pickups... or both! You can mix and match.
    There's a TREBLE stack and a BASS stack, each with controls for the boost/cut level and a sweeping frequency EQ. The bass stack is more lively than the treble, but you can virtually dial in almost any frequency you want.
    There's a stacked volume and pan as well.
    Jack included, all hardware, and a battery clip if you need one.
    Includes Sadowsky-styled stacked knobs.

$220 shipped in the USA
    PM elsewhere.
    Paypal or Money Order only.
    No trades, PM with questions.

2. Pm'd

3. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    SOLD!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014