1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ACG EQ Filter Preamps

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Means2nEnd, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

Just wondering since these are now available again at BestBassGear does anyone here know if they are only for passive pickups? Just a questions before I buy one. Thanks and if this has been discussed before sorry I tried to search and didn’t find exactly the answer I was looking for. Cheers...

2. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Northern California
    Interesting question and don't have the answer.

Are you considering installing the EQ01 in a bass with something like active EMGs? I've never owned a bass with active pickups so I'm at a loss here.

But both the guys at Best Bass Gear and Alan at ACG have always responded promptly when I've had questions in the past.

3. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

Thinking about it yes. I have a 95 Warwick Thumb I'm thinking of doing. Stock MECs are active but if it doesn't work I would try Delano. Bartolini have a split coil design and the split falls right under my E string so they are a no go. But thank you I will email them directly.

4. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Northern California
    Sorry I couldn't be more help. But I do have a fair amount of experience with Alan's preamps if you have other questions.

And I can say from personal experience that the ACG/East preamp with Delano pickups sounded amazing.

5. Skelf

Skelf

Apr 15, 2005
    Moffat D&G Scotland
    Builder AC Guitars.
    The preamps will work with EMG pickups I know of several preamps used with EMG pickups.
    Alan