1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ACG eq01 preamp users! I need help!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Ballin'bass, Jan 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Ballin'bass

Ballin'bass

Jun 16, 2014
    Madison, WI
    I'm looking to put an ACG eq01 preamp into a bass of mine and I need to know if it will fit in the control cavity. My control cavity measures about 1 1/8" (1.125") deep, from the bottom of the control plate to the bottom of the cavity. For those of you that own one and can actually physically look at it, would it fit, depth wise, into my bass' cavity? How deep are your control cavities that it fits into? If they are deeper than 1.125" inches, how much extra space is left after the preamp? Thanks so much guys, I'm sure this is an annoying question.

I'm really hoping it will fit so I can get one :unsure:. :sorry:

2. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Northern California
    I clicked on this thread thinking I could give some advice about using the ACG preamp but I've never installed one.

I'd recommend shooting a PM to Alan Cringean (Skelf here on TB) or an email through his website. Alan has some of the absolute best customer service in the business. There's obviously a time difference to account for, but he'll get you sorted I'm sure.

And the ACG/East filter preamps are some of the most versatile and powerful onboard pres that you can find. I'm sure you'll dig it if you end up giving it a try.

3. Ballin'bass

Ballin'bass

Jun 16, 2014
    Madison, WI
    I actually got it resolved now! It will indeed fit. Thanks!