1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD ACG Finn 4 in vgc, super light

Discussion in 'For Sale: Europe & International' started by Clarkybass, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Clarkybass

Clarkybass Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Price:
    Currency (EU and Intl):
    BGP
    Strings:
    My Location:
    United Kingdom
    Superb, featherweight (<7.5 pound) handmade bass from highly lauded Scottish luthier Alan Cringean. John East electronics, rosewood zero radius board (hence cannnot be sold to to US because of CITES restrictions), 34" scale. Beautiful and almost plays itself.

Only selling as I just received a short scale (32") ACG which suits my (previously busted-up) left hand better (for the record I also have a fretless ACG too!) . Comes with Hiscox hard case. This is seriously good and amazing value at less than a factory-built Mex Fender. Price does not include post.

FB_IMG_1517049441825. 20180519_161230. 20180519_161611. 20180519_161259. 20180519_161244.

2. nonohmic

nonohmic Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2005
    ABQ, NM.
    No us sales?? Cause that is a smoking deal !!

Clarkybass and Clark Dark like this.
  3. Clarkybass

Apr 30, 2010
    Yep apologies. I have had confirmed by Alan that this would require a costly and bureaucratic-to-obtain CITES certificate or it risks seizure and confiscation on entry into the US. Within Europe there is not a problem.

PS I recognise we need to conserve our flora and fauna but I don't get why reselling already harvested and commercially sold rosewood is any risk to the planet. But sadly I don't make the rules :-(

rojo412 likes this.
  4. Clarkybass

Apr 30, 2010
  5. looks awesome!

Clarkybass likes this.
  6. Clarkybass

Apr 30, 2010
    I will include UK post in the asking price. Obviously post to mainland Europe would be extra (at a guess £35-40 more)

7. Clarkybass

Apr 30, 2010
    Near offers considered :D

8. Clarkybass

Apr 30, 2010
    Price cut to £850 posted (within UK) including padded Fusion gig bag

9. GSNOLA

GSNOLA Opinionated but approachable 4-string Scotsman. Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2010
    New Orleans
    I would love to figure out a way to do this. And I wonder - are trades an option?

10. Clarkybass

Apr 30, 2010
    Hi there unfortunately CITES restrictions mean I cannot ship to US fo fear of bass being impounded (as I see you are in New Orleans)

To your point, I am downsizing so its sale only I am afraid

11. GSNOLA

Aug 2, 2010
    New Orleans
    I live here but I'm Scottish and come back a lot. :)

12. Clarkybass

Apr 30, 2010
    Well I would be delighted to ship to Scotland! However, unfortunately I have too many basses (3 ACGs including this one and a Fender; as well as DB, EUB and banjo bass!!!!)

13. Clarkybass

Apr 30, 2010
    Here is me playing this beautiful bass on the forthcoming album by by new Scottish band*, Bandolier Tales

* I am the only Sassenach!

14. GSNOLA

Aug 2, 2010
    New Orleans
    That's awesome. Nicely done! I really want to get my hands on an ACG. I should just order one. :)

Clarkybass likes this.