1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD ACG Uber Finn 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by EricS, Nov 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. EricS

EricS Supporting Member

May 19, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    Price:
    Strings:
    I picked this ACG Uber Finn 5 up off Talkbass earlier this year. Fantastic bass ... amazing craftsmanship and tone (very cool preamp with lots of tonal possibilities). Unfortunately, funds are needed elsewhere ... so some of my latest acquisitions must go. Borrowing the specs and details from previous seller's listing (SOLD - ACG Uber Finn 5):

Uber Finn 0145, built 2014.

Top Wood: Tiger Stripe Myrtle
    Body Wood: Honduran Mahogany
    Accent Veneer: Black Sycamore
    Body Finish: Satin Lacquer
    Neck Wood: Paduak/Wenge/Maple
    Fingerboard: Mac Ebony
    Head Plate,TS Myrtle Back Plate,Mahogany and Heel, Mahogany all with black veneer
    Neck Finish: Satin Lacquer
    Pickups: ACG MC5 Multi-coil pickups with ACG IB1r and IB1f interface boards
    Pre-amp: ACG DFM dual filter
    Hardware details: ACG Hipshot bridge, Gotoh GB350 Resolite tuners, Dunlop Dual Design straplocks
    34.5" scale. 1 and 3/4" at nut. 19mm string spacing at bridge
    Weight ~ 9lbs (ish)

Comes with an extra set of custom pickups: ACG SC5, and ACG PB5 - to expand an already broad tonal palette. These are custom sized to fit the Uber. Switch the pups in and out in ~ 10 mins. Plug and play.

Stack one: Volume/Blend.
    Stack two: Low-pass filter for the neck pickup plus push/pull switch to activate the low mid boost. The lower ring is the filter frequency, with 41 detents. The upper ring is the overshoot peak level.
    Stack three: Low-pass filter for the bridge pickup plus push/pull switch to activate the upper mid boost or Attack Boost. The lower ring is the filter frequency, with 41 detents. The upper ring is the overshoot peak level.
    Stack four: Sweepable mid/treble.
    Single five: Passive tone with active/passive on the push/pull

Bass in same condition I received it ... which is practically brand new. One imperfection on side of neck ... tough to get a great pic of it, but I tried. Comes with a great Hiscox case (keys included). Previous owner disconnected red warning battery light ... I did not reconnect it. IMG_0531.JPG IMG_0534.JPG IMG_0535.JPG IMG_0538.JPG IMG_0539.JPG

Currently strung with DR Black Beauties ... can try to find the TI Jazz flats that it came with if preferred.

For sale only. $2250 shipped (lower 48 only). Paypal accepted.

img_2717-.

img_2718-.

img_2719-.

blindrabbit, rojo412 and remcult like this.
  2. fuzzychaos

fuzzychaos

Mar 17, 2008
    Ohio
    I had an ACG and they are sweet!

blindrabbit and EricS like this.
  3. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    This is definitely one of the most striking ACGs I've seen, and I know from experience that Alan's work is incredible!

Would you mind confirming the string spacing at the bridge? I thought at one time that those Ubers with the multi-coil pickups were all 18mm.

blindrabbit and EricS like this.
  4. EricS

EricS Supporting Member

May 19, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    Just measured and it looks like you are correct ... 18mm string spacing. Thanks for pointing this out.

image.

5. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Thanks!

6. ACG is the only bass for me, and this is a smokin' price for one. Someone should grab this beauty! I'd consider it myself, if it wasn't for that pesky 5th string. ;)

7. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    This is groovy.

EricS likes this.
  8. EricS

EricS Supporting Member

May 19, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    Price drop to $2200 shipped

9. EricS

EricS Supporting Member

May 19, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    Price drop to $2150 shipped (lower 48)

10. EricS

EricS Supporting Member

May 19, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    Sold

mikezimmerman and Brother Goose like this.
  11. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Merry Xmas to me! :) Thanks Eric.