Achilles Last Stand

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by StoneCorey, Jun 23, 2004.

1. StoneCorey

Dec 25, 2003
    I need advice and help on playing this song any suggestion
  2. krazy_olie

May 10, 2004
    Buying a 10 string with high c's could be a starter, if you dont wan't to do that then.. I would say find out what key it's in listen to the bss line/s played listen to the style and try and come up with simmilar, or if you want to spend ages you could work out note for note.
  3. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    When the was recorded JPJ had an eight string tuned in octaves EADG.

He didn't get his Manson 10 and 12 string until way after the Led Zeppelin Breakup. :eyebrow:
  4. invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    Well , if you play it the same way I do(in F#):

I usually dedicate on finger to each string as it's easier than jumping across strings (atleast for me) at those speeds.

And then when me and my friends play we have a little run deal through G, A, and C, which is easy to make up as you go.

I hope this all helps you in some way or another!! :bassist:
  5. hodgy

May 5, 2004
    Bothell, WA
    Tech Support- Ampeg/ Mackie
  6. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Well which parts are you having trouble with? This song's over 10 minutes long, you might want to pinpoint your problem areas and work on those. Listen to the song A LOT, get a feel for the riffs, learn the riffs (not note for note if you want, there are a lot of fills), learn the arrangement (this may be tricky), and put it all together. I haven't actually learned the song as a whole yet, but I know all the riffs, and I could probably put it all together in a day. So learn each part separately first, you're not gonna make much progress stumbling through the whole thing. :)