1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Acid Pro 5.0

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by PhatBoi5, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Anyone use this? I need some details-good, bad, ugly etc. I am thinking of getting a new laptop with it as well. Post any info on system req's. Details like how much more of what than the minimums req's should i have.

2. Are you already familiar with Acid? I'm afraid I can't comment on it, but I'm LOVING Ableton Live 5 which does a fairly similar job to Acid and has some very sweet FX etc.

3. i am familiar with it only in name. I have researched it on the net but thats about it. I am looking for the best program that lets me get creative as possible, whatever it my be

4. mactac

mactac Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    I'm a beta tester for this product.

What it's good at:
    - dopping sounds & loops in from other sources into your song
    -automatic changing of tempo of loops
    -a quick arranging tool

what it's not good at:
    -midi sync
    -multitrack recording (only 1 stereo track at a time)

What you need to do is download the free demo & play around with it & the sample songs

if you have any specific q's after that (or before that), give me a PM & i'll help you out

5. any good forums or message board for acid? I looked at that Ableton's trial download and I didnt really like a lot of the tones in the instrument section.

6. ...and what about pro tools? again Im not very familiar with all the latest and greatest techMology