Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Acid Pro 5.0

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by PhatBoi5, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Anyone use this? I need some details-good, bad, ugly etc. I am thinking of getting a new laptop with it as well. Post any info on system req's. Details like how much more of what than the minimums req's should i have.

2. Are you already familiar with Acid? I'm afraid I can't comment on it, but I'm LOVING Ableton Live 5 which does a fairly similar job to Acid and has some very sweet FX etc.

3. i am familiar with it only in name. I have researched it on the net but thats about it. I am looking for the best program that lets me get creative as possible, whatever it my be

4. mactac

mactac Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    I'm a beta tester for this product.

What it's good at:
    - dopping sounds & loops in from other sources into your song
    -automatic changing of tempo of loops
    -a quick arranging tool

what it's not good at:
    -midi sync
    -multitrack recording (only 1 stereo track at a time)

What you need to do is download the free demo & play around with it & the sample songs

if you have any specific q's after that (or before that), give me a PM & i'll help you out

5. any good forums or message board for acid? I looked at that Ableton's trial download and I didnt really like a lot of the tones in the instrument section.

6. ...and what about pro tools? again Im not very familiar with all the latest and greatest techMology