Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ACL Festival?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Juneau, Sep 16, 2004.

1. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Anyone else going to the Austin City Limits Festival this weekend? I can't wait to leave work to drive to Austin hehe.

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    A buddy of mine is going. I just can't afford those kinds of things right now. It's an awesome lineup though.

brad cook

3. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    I lucked out on the Advanced tickets, only $35 for all 3 days hehe.

4. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Oh, and thought this was about Knee Surgery.

5. A few of my friends are going to it....arent the Pixies playing or something like that?

Check out a band called the American Analog Set while you're there. They're a band from the austin area playing a smaller stage. Really depressing music (from all I've heard) but it's still good.

6. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Just got back in town, and I cant say enough good things about everyone I saw. Particle was the highlight of my Friday at the festival, with Critter's Buggin at Stubbs later that night which was also incredible.

G-Love rocked out Saturday, and the highlight of the whole thing had to be MMW Sunday night. Chris Wood was tearin it up, even managed to get a little video footage from my camera. If those turn out Ill post them up Wednesday. Also of note, the Earl Harvin Trio, was really impressed with his bass player on upright. Amazing stuff.

Pics to come... :)

7. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.