1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

acme 210 speakers?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by midichlorine, Jun 23, 2007.

1. midichlorine

midichlorine Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2005
    i'm pretty sure they use eminence but does anyone know which model?
    basically i got a good deal on a acme 210 but it doesn't have stock seakers and i want to get it back the real!!!

2. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    +1. Andy Lewis uses custom-designed Eminence drivers, specially made for the Acme cabs. AFAIK, they're not available anywhere else but from Andy himself...

MM

3. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    An eminence BP-102 would likely get you real close as Acme's driver is likely a slightly tweaked version of that. Lower sensitivity, good excursion and deep response.

4. bassbrock

bassbrock

Feb 20, 2007
    Callahan, FL
    I can vouch that Andy is very reasonable if you call him up and ask for a pair of replacement speakers.

5. +1 for all of the above.

6. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    The Acme driver is indeed based on the BP102 but it's tweaked to get deep response in a small enclosure, whilst the BP102 needs much more cab volume. Call Andy Lewis to get the authentic woofers - they aren't expensive and as well as the cab being specifically tuned for them the crossover is also designed to fit with their treble roll-off.

Alex

7. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    Miles apart, actually, as Alex explains.

8. If my Acme specs are correct, it is pretty close to the BP102, both Old and New styles. The Acme requires a larger cabinet volume than either BP102, in all tunings.

The Xmax on the Acme driver is significantly longer.

9. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    Bruce, your specs can't be correct because otherwise the Acmes wouldn't do what they do! The Acme Xmax is ~5/16" which is usefully longer than the BP102's.

Alex

10. They were emailed to me by somebody claiming they are accurate. I don't have one to measure, so took it at face value.

If somebody has confirmed T/S data, I will be happy to add to my spread sheet.

11. Acme drivers ARE custom-designed and manufactured by Eminence with a longer x-max, AOT.

Don't waste time or money. Call Andy and get the real thing from him. My understanding is that Andy's contract with Eminence allows them to supply these specially-designed drivers only to Acme.

Check out his new polyswitches and jack plate, too. (http://www.acmebass.com/) You may want to add those as well.

Good luck.

Bluesy Soul :cool:

12. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    My new Carvin PA cab rig uses a polyswitch for high-frequency protection. Seems like a great way to go. So far, even with a lot of guitar-range ultra distortion at very high levels, I'm not hearing anything that I shouldn't be hearing : }

And yes, to my knowledge nobody else has a 10" woofer that even comes close to the Acme OEM driver spec - though Ciare has a very nice 10" that would be close in bass extension/output, and with more sensitiviy in the bargain - if only its US distributor would actually make it available and answer emails it promised to answer ; }

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 15, 2021