Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Acme B-1

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ingemar, Nov 7, 2003.

1. Ingemar

Ingemar

Sep 12, 2000
    Sweden
    Do You know any website where I can read about Acme B-1?

2. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    PM jokerjny... he'll give you a more accurate review than any website out there. he has quite the way with words when it comes to describing tone! ;)

3. rockindoc

rockindoc Daily Lama

Jan 26, 2002
    Bonham, Tx
  4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
  5. Ingemar

Ingemar

Sep 12, 2000
    Sweden
    Thank's for all your answer.
    I'm living in Sweden (way up north) and unfortunately neither Epifani nor Acme is available here, but Gallien-Krueger Backline 112 is.Do you think it will handle a five string?

6. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    not well. :meh:

7. Ingemar

Ingemar

Sep 12, 2000
    Sweden
    Not even the Backline 115 ? (60lb is not the most lightveight thoug).

8. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    i found the backlines thin and harsh sounding at moderate volumes... not your typical GK gear. :(

9. Suburban

Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    Nä.
    But you could try to find that "real GK" combo, the MB150.
    Costs a lot more, I expect, but is light and nice sounding. Not really sure about B-string capability...

How far north do you live? Or in Real Swedish:
    vars bo du?

10. Ingemar

Ingemar

Sep 12, 2000
    Sweden
    Not as far as You
    eller på ren Sv
    I goa Bohuslän
    I've tested MB150 but it's to thinsounding for my fivestring.
    Do you know anything about
    the German Tech Soundsystems,very lightveight but deepsounding as I've read.
    are they avaliable in Sweden?

11. Ingemar, I'll join this thread since it seems longer lived than your other one.

It was mentioned in another thread that a guy from the UK ordered Acme cabs directly and even with the additional shipping, the price was reasonable. And since they are rare over there, you could probably sell it easily if you didn't like it.

OTOH, there are some alternatives being built in Europe. I've read lots of praise in this forum for Glockenklang.

12. Suburban

Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    Hey, that's way down south!!!:D
    I think you are quite right about Tech,low weight, large cabs, sounds nice (NB choice of words from the north), though I didn't know of any Swedish rep:confused:
    Glockenklang is also very good, and hard to find in Sweden, as is Hevos, and a few other great cabs.
    Acme is not represented anywhere, except in US and Australia...but fairly cheap to import directly from Andy.