Acme B2W.... Is it really

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rockindoc, Aug 22, 2002.

1. rockindoc

rockindoc Daily Lama

Jan 26, 2002
    Bonham, Tx
    like using a 15" cab? I've got an EA VL210 powered by an Eden WT800 bridged. Underneath is a Peavey TNT 115 combo. Sounds OK, but I just can't haul that heavy Peavey anymore. I'm thinking of replacing the Peavey with the much lighter Acme (I know, I'll need more power), and keep the EA VL210 on top. Has anybody used an Acme B2 or B2W in this way? Any thoughts?
  2. Nightbass

May 1, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    That's exactly how I would describe my B2W - it sounds like a 1x15. And I use it whenever I want an old school 1x15 tone. It goes lower than any 1x15, and the top end isn't bad at all. Acme says not to use it as a standalone cab, but what do they know. :)

The "needs more power" myth is overrated. Best thing is to try it for yourself in your own performance situation. I think it will work out just fine with the VL-210. The Acme will be a little softer and add mucho bottom end, while the EA's mids and highs are just what Acmes are missing.

I also use my Acme B2W under my Bag End D10, which is (on paper) far more efficient, but you know, the Acme makes a clearly audible contribution.
  3. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA

sweetness... :cool: