Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Acme Fuse...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Chaputa, Dec 12, 2003.

1. Chaputa

Chaputa Bass-Not just fo eatin anymore

I've done a search, and I know it has happened to others... but what would be considered the easiest way to change the fuse in a B2? Is it necessary to remove a speaker?

2. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    AFAIK removing a speaker (the top one) is the only way. The easiest way is removing it with a power screwdriver - it's rather long winded without.

Alex

3. Gsxtasy99

Gsxtasy99

Jul 10, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I tried contorting my arm and reaching through the rear port... didn't work. Just take the speaker off, but be careful about the little grey seals around the speaker, also, the speaker will stick at little, don't pull too hard.

It's kinda scary doing it the first time, but it's hard to really mess something up.

Your wrist will be thankful you used a power screwdriver.

4. Chaputa

Chaputa Bass-Not just fo eatin anymore

Thanks! I was just curious if there was an easier way. My eden's is just on the back panel (which just unscrews), so its not very intrusive... just something about removing the speaker just wigs me out a little...but I will use a power screwdriver.

Thanks for the advice!