Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Acme Low B-4 Series II

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by snoopyjc, Apr 30, 2002.

1. K Dubbs

K Dubbs Just graduated from OSU, Go Bucks!

Mar 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
  2. incubus2432

incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
    I could post what I said before on the topic......but I've mumbled enough about it in the past so try the search and if you have any further specific questions feel free to email me or post again...........

3. ntistt01

ntistt01

Apr 11, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    I've got one with a sub woofer that needs to be re-conded for sale really cheap.

4. ntistt01

ntistt01

Apr 11, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    Excuse my previous reply. I meant sub-woofer that needed to be re-coned.

5. Pre EB

Pre EB

Mar 15, 2002
    Denton, Tx
    How much is cheap? How many drivers need to be reconed?

6. ntistt01

ntistt01

Apr 11, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    I've already had two cones reconed by Andy Lewis of ACME. The tweeter and mid's are fine. Worst case you have two speakers reconed at $50 each. I will sell the cabinet for $325.00. The cabinet is about 9 months old. I'm in Nashville so figure shipping.

7. Well, I bought the low B-2W, just got it, and I LOVE IT! The "W" in the model number means that it is just a subwoofer (no mids and no tweeter), and the "2" means that it is a 2x10 cabinet.

It replaced my HUGE Trace-Elliot 1x18 cabinet, and it sounds BETTER than that cabinet. Sounds from my low-B string (and all the rest) are AWESOME!

It's slightly smaller and lighter than the cabinet I'm currently using for my highs: SWR Goliath Jr. III. I'm planing to trade that in on a 1x10 cabinet, probably an Eden CXM-110.

I'm currently biamping, using a Hartke 7000 (2x350W), crossing over at about 450HZ. This
    basically means that all of the fundamentals and even most of the harmonics are coming out of the low-B cabinet. (Frequency of low-B = 30.9HZ, Frequency of high-G on 24th fret = 392HZ)

I have no problem with volume, being in a pop cover band - as I'm also run thru the PA.

Bottom line: Low B-2W is a winner!

8. Pre EB

Pre EB

Mar 15, 2002
    Denton, Tx
    Good for you! I have a b-4 and love it. Sounds great and plenty loud for what I do now. I've thought about eventually getting one of the W models for a sub as I have a Boogie 210 AND a Boogie 15, and the low end of the 15 is nowhere close as that of my B4. I have tried biamping, 210 full-range and 15 as a sub, and both full range. They do not come close and I love both cabs, and all Boogie products!

9. Pre EB

Pre EB

Mar 15, 2002
    Denton, Tx
    Did that make sense?!?!?!?:confused:

10. Couldn't you just roll off the attenuators on a regular Low B-2 and have the equivelant of a "W" model? This would give you way more flexibilty or what?

11. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    You wouldn't even have to roll down the attenuators if you were biamping, because the frequencies above your crossover frequency wouldn't even be making it to the low cabinet anyway.

12. Pre EB

Pre EB

Mar 15, 2002
    Denton, Tx
    The W series is less expensive. For me, the one set of high frequency drivers would be enough. Others might like both sets, I guess with two cabs. They aren't harsh soundiing at all and sound very even to my ears.