1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

SOLD Acme Low B1 Series III 1x10 cabinet

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by David Morris, Nov 9, 2017.

1. David Morris

David Morris Supporting Member

May 22, 2002
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Price:
    $325
    I bought this great-sounding little cabinet new directly from Acme several years ago. I had the cover made by Studio Slips. It's a little loose, but works. As you can see, the Duratex coating has a tendency to chip - and has - but of course, the sound of the cabinet is unaffected. 8 ohms. A new one would cost you $550 plus shipping plus the cost of the cover. I'll sell you this one for $325 shipped in the continental U.S.

PHruxS8.jpg fx0YHUF.jpg 17gSpxn.jpg VpSUEiz.jpg BhlP0pb.jpg

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  2. 57pbass

57pbass Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Bayside, New York
    Great cab.. I have 2 and use them on certain gigs.. really produce some hefty low end for the small footprint
    Glwts

David Morris likes this.
  3. Ampslut

Ampslut

May 15, 2017
    How much power does it need?

4. David Morris

May 22, 2002
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Acme recommends 200-250 watts. I have used it many times with a G-K MB 200 however, and it always sounded great.

5. WesW

WesW <><

Jul 25, 2002
    Lynn Haven, FL
    How would you describe the core sound - neutral, modern, vintage? Thanks!
    Certainly heard good things about acme, wondering how it compares with my EA VL-110.

6. David Morris

May 22, 2002
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    I am really not good at describing sound...but I guess I'd say this one sounds pretty neutral with a bit of extra low end. It's a 3-way cab, so covers a wide frequency range. In fact, the Low B1 is sometimes used as a PA speaker. I haven't had an EA VL-110 so can't compare. I have had several other EA speakers though, and prefer the Acme to any of the EA cabs I've owned.

WesW likes this.
  7. james condino

james condino Spruce dork Commercial User

Sep 30, 2007
    asheville, nc
    No financial interest here.

Not the lightest or newest or loudest or hippest trendy model, just simply one of the finest sounding double bass cabinets ever made; also fantastic with acoustic guitar. I've played hundreds of gigs with a pair. It works great as a small PA when I use my Acoustic Image head.

An ACME can do what your EA vl-110 can do, but the EA can't touch the ACME for low end...

8. WesW

WesW <><

Jul 25, 2002
    Lynn Haven, FL
    Perfect - exactly what I was after.

Now to see if I can unload a cab or two. Color me interested.

9. LennyJ

LennyJ Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2001
    Acworth, Georgia
    How about the sound with an old p bass
    tks

10. David Morris

May 22, 2002
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    I think it would sound great. Lots of clear low end.

11. David Morris

May 22, 2002
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    I remembered that Acme supplied a jar of Duratex touch-up stuff with the cabinet. Found it and applied some to the bottom side that had the most chipping - which I think was caused from storing it on a wire shelf. Updated photo:

RkMRPyy.jpg

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 10, 2021