1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Acme Low B4 love

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Feb 22, 2008.

1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    I recently was able to finagle a nice Craigslist deal on a very new pristine Acme Low B4 series II. Found it in Phoenix. Turns out my folks winter there as snowbirds. I sent them the $$, they met the guy, paid him and he gave them the Low B4 & a box.

So I have business in Phoenix in January, I fly out there to spend the weekend with the 'rents. They take me, box, Low B4 and all, to the nearest Fedex. Using my fedex acct, I ship to myself. Voi'la!

I had a Low B4 series I 8ohm cabinet that was great, but the Phoenix series II 4 ohm sounds sooooo nice with the Markbass SA450 at 500W that it's unbelievable and subtracts about 50 lbs from my rack rig involving a certain CA-9 lead sled.

I'll still use the sled for larger venues, but for clubs and weddings, it's Markbass and either the Acme 4x10 or 2x10 all the way.